Two new finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a couple of bikes for my girls this weekend. The Huffy/Holiday Impala is going to be for my wife. I do have the fenders, but unfortunately I had to use the cranks/sprocket on a Murray Monterey I am flipping to my buddy's wife. I picked it up for $10 from a really cool retired guy that has a ton of stuff. He calls himself Mr. Ed. He flips bikes as a hobby.

002.jpg

The other bike is a 20" Jamis that I thought had a pretty cool shape, not to mention the white walls, seat and handlebars. I found it in the scrap metal pile at the landfill. FREE!!! This will be for my 8 year old, and I plan on getting her involved in the build. I'm pretty sure I saw a small springer at Mr. Ed's place that will look cool (if I can talk him out of it). Maybe we'll enter it in the kid's bike build off.

001.jpg

Just looked at "your" bike in the Gallery. Are you gonna make "matching" bikes.......Wives love that stuff, It's like matching sweaters! :lol:

KOTA said:
Just looked at "your" bike in the Gallery. Are you gonna make "matching" bikes.......Wives love that stuff, It's like matching sweaters! :lol:

I would do a matching bike, but my wife and 12 yr old are currently discussing "color schemes" for the bike. She is thinking turquoise/white. The price I pay for living with three girls! :lol:

Man, I didn't know Huffy Impalas even existed, and now I've seen two in a week...

I have a weakness for all kinds of Impalas, had this one out yesterday...

rearhigh.jpg

--rick

Back