Turnigy HXT Powered Custom Cruiser Worklog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gotta say buds, outstanding work. Obviously you're a very skilled bloke with a good eye for machines :wink: There's quite a few good ideas there... makes my little projects look pretty soft ...:roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

absolutely amazing craftsmanship. I apologize if you answered this but how will you keep the actuator from lifting the rear of the bike while you are on it?

The bike is looking great. This is my first time seeing anything like this. The electric motor seems crazy fast! I am most interested to find out what happened to Travis. lol... the back and forth banter between you two has been pretty amusing. did you hire him to play "devils advocate" It's been a great show so far.

I'm still here, I really don't know the guy other than chatting on here but I'm sure if I was in Australia, he'd be one of my close mates. Funny how that works out. I completely understand his deliema as I've been in the exact same situation. Only I got better and I learned to walk again after 1-1/2 years in the chair. I know exactly how tough it really is. I fell 25ft while working and broke both legs below the knee. Dr told me I might never walk again without a cane. That was 10 years ago and about the only thing I can't do is jog or skate pools and ramps. I hated jogging anyway.

No man there's no hard feelings between Kim and myself, I'm just offering constructive criticism. On that note, it looks like your ride is coming along nicely.

Later T

Hey Kim I think next project we work on is a set of "Iron Man" bionic legs for you, we have the power, we have the technology, now you just got to come up with that darn nuclear power supply. LOL!

Iron_Man_560x330_MCDIRMA_EC014_H.jpg

Later Bro. T

I honestly doubt I could do anything in the chair now. Dr had me strung on 4mg tabs of Dilaudid (pharmaceutical grade Heroin) for the first 9 months. Highest dosage made, I was a mess! The pain was insane! 17 screws in my right Tibia, 10 screws and 2 Ti plates in my left ankle and foot. Bone growth stimulators in both legs for 11 months. I tried to go to crutches after 11-1/2 months and rode my GSXR for 195 miles that day, soft cast boots and all. I couldn't even stand on my own for 2 months after that night, stretched tendons and loosened 4 screws in my right Tibia. It wasn't fully healed yet.

No i definately don't miss it. I see my 95 year old grandmother's chair at my parents house but I won't sit in it. Its like petting the bear that bit you, you just don't do it again.

Later T

You've got me hooked on finding out more about these little electric motor powerehouses. Do you know of any other webites that I could go fishin' for more info? Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back