TJ in York

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJK

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.
Tj from York Pa here.
Got fed up with my MTB and my road bike a few years back.. never seemed to find the time to go ride any more..
Sold em off and my wife and I got a pair of Del Sol cruisers. They're mostly stock with a few trinkets here and there.
I'm going to be picking up a forgotten beachcruiser from a relative's house before too long and i'm trying to figure out what i'm going to mod it into.
Thinking of 50's high polish style cruiser or perhaps a "woody" with a Tiki theme.. then again there's that 30's motorcycle thing. Or a bobber.
Oh, and im currently gathering up components to take a swing at a "Recycled Recumbent" (http://www.recycledrecumbent.com)

At any rate, Hello!
-TJ

Hey TJ,Welcome Aboard.

You anywhere near the Drag Strip? I think its U.S.30 Dragway the site of the "Woodstock of Drag Racing" in 1965.

Hello and WELCOME!

WELCOME & HELLO!How about some pics? :)
L8 EM

Thanks for the welcome!
In response to some of your questions...
Yes, the "Forgotten" will be my first real build up. Ive been doodeling at work trying to figure out some stuff.. I'll photo-chop soon and try to post some things up.

Im about 15 min from the famed US 30 dragway.. Its a local small airport. From what i know, it was shut down as a strip after some moron decided he didnt need a drive shaft shield and the car catapulted... or so im told.

Here's some pics of my Del Sol. Right after I bought it. The only other thing that i've done to this bike (besides the dice) was to add an Ebay chrome Bullet light ( think it was an Electra). It was a real pain to get the bracket to work with the bars and avoid the springer. I'll have to re-shoot it now.
My wife's bike is a pearl-white version of mine with a drop bar (women's frame) and an awesome basket that yours truly sewed the liner for and replaced the pleather straps with pink to match the pink rims.
(more pics later.)

delsol3.jpg

delsol5.jpg

delsol4.jpg

delsol2.jpg

delsol1.jpg

OH, forgot to mention, I also may be collecting a Schwinn "Bicycle Built for Two" from my uncle. It's an early 60s vintage.. will need to be re-painted and gone over.. only thing is. I dont know if i can store it! They're a little long. I'll get pics later. If anyone is interested in it, let me know.. I might be tempted with a trade too. I know its gonna need a repaint, possibly saddles and grips, but the chainguard is supposed to be intact. I think he tried to respray it black and add gell seats (hopefully just covers) to make it more "modern".

-TJ

Welcome! I used to drive the big rigs and spent more than my fair share of time in your area. This site is the best for people like us.

Back