The Rose City Rocketeer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
59punk said:
I am thinking of going against my drawing and just leaving the rear fin plaing without the lines where the Rocketeer's' mouth was. Ideas?

I think that's a good plan.. you've sculpted a beautiful shape, and those stripes/graphic would very much distract from the simple, beautiful lines of the fin... imho.

gotta work on some bracing cuz this fender is heavy but now I'm on to the tank and finishing my wheels. picked up a set off all white kicks too.
DSCF1880.jpg

DSCF1881.jpg

So stoked on my headbadge by jezusjones................go get one made!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rocketeerheadbadge.jpg

This is going to be one seriously sweet bike! What color scheme were you going to go with? Same as the chain guard?

ya, I'm thinking a red frame, forks and rims with a tan leather seat and brass fenders and of course some black, probably in the bars. I am having a hard time deciding on white walls, all whites or all black tires. Any ideas?

Hmm depending on that wheel size you could find cream or tan wheels to match the seat. I know I've seen them for a lot of common size rims.

painted the rear fender finally in an aged brass paint, switched to a tan seat and started on the tank
DSCF1068-1.jpg

got some tan leather grips and another support for the sagging fender. Still trying to figure out what exactly I want to do for the tank to give the whole jetpack feeling. Any ideas or better yet, JC Higgins tanks?

still looking for a tank. I decided against the whole making a tank out of wood idea. Thanks RRB guys & gals!

just a tad left to do. I need to pick up some teardrop pedals and figure out this tank situation. Kinda on a buying freeze since my car got broke into and my 80gb ipod was stolen full of music. Insurance isn't paying for anything so I had to vent and work on a bike or two. So here it is so far. I am thrilled at how it's turning out. :D
DSCF1295-1.jpg

DSCF1296.jpg

DSCF1293-1.jpg

I tried using the zip ties approach to keeping this thing bent around the head tube. Is there any other methods that work a little better to get this thing to wrap around and not stick out the sides?
DSCF1300.jpg

might try tapping it down with a piece of soft wood and a small hammer?? really should be rolled or pressed though...

Hey 59punk, your bike is turning out real sweet!
Can I ask you where scored the lamp? Can't seem to find anything that I want, but yours I think looks just right!

id5000 said:
Hey 59punk, your bike is turning out real sweet!
Can I ask you where scored the lamp? Can't seem to find anything that I want, but yours I think looks just right!
It's just an Electra lamp.....found at many bike shops here in Portland, pretty cheap too! And thanks for the kind words.

From the pics that brass paint looks like it came out really well. What brand/color paint is it? I've got some chrome parts I want to change over to brass and there is no way I can afford to go for actual brass plating.

Latest posts

Back