the I'll show you OFF TOPIC bike thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This person has the right idea
1693001449085.png

This weekend I couldn't go selling on the flea market so I checked out one I haven't been before as a customer and made some nice scores:
A Brooks B66 for 20€, a canvas tool roll for 6€ and some decent single tracks for the slottrack I have since I was a little kid (got it in the seventies as a Christmas present from my granddad) for 8€...
IMG_20230827_143446621.jpg

The brooks is in pretty decent condition it only needs some grease and polishing...
IMG_20230827_143530236.jpg

IMG_20230827_143543023.jpg

managed not to die in the first cyclocross race of the season yesterday.

Placed second-to-last in Masters 50+ Cat 1-4 (I'm a 4). I'm calling it a win since getting back in shape after my June bike accident has not been easy.

oh, and they told me I am qualified for Masters 60+ now, so that is what I'll be racing from now on.

managed not to die in the first cyclocross race of the season yesterday.

Placed second-to-last in Masters 50+ Cat 1-4 (I'm a 4). I'm calling it a win since getting back in shape after my June bike accident has not been easy.

oh, and they told me I am qualified for Masters 60+ now, so that is what I'll be racing from now on.
Very nice!

Don't hold out on us, we know there's photo evidence out there somewhere

Got the old girl moving again today. New clutch, a lot of new clutch linkage, torque shaft, ball studs and a lot more replaced within the last 200 miles. Been up on stands in the garage for 16 months or so. Arthritis and hands made a 1,-2 day job spread over 3 weekends.
20230829_192534.jpg

This car has hauled more bikes to the mountain, downtown, and many other places than my truck has. She's well known in bike life here.
20230829_191146.jpg

Got the old girl moving again today. New clutch, a lot of new clutch linkage, torque shaft, ball studs and a lot more replaced within the last 200 miles. Been up on stands in the garage for 16 months or so. Arthritis and hands made a 1,-2 day job spread over 3 weekends.
View attachment 246588
This car has hauled more bikes to the mountain, downtown, and many other places than my truck has. She's well known in bike life here.
View attachment 246587
I've always loved the early Darts and Valiants.

I had a visible bulge in my bellybutton, but no discomfort. Then, one day, playing with Lil Thundrrr, I took a punch to the gut. As I lay on the floor, trying to breathe through the pain, I thought to myself, "if I can get beat up by a two year old, there might be a problem here"
Got the gut done and got fixed at the same time, one in the guts, one in the nuts
I got fixed years ago 1 year later were taking a walk by Tim Hortons she said wanted a honey glazed doughnut ...groan few months later we had rhyes...shaved and took a needle for nothing..

You can substitute plaster or Portland cement or that fake chocolate stuff Cosby used to sell. Any liquid that will harden.
ha ha ha , all the tricks of a trade long lost!

Meanwhile I got the fright of my life a couple days ago.
I got the boat out for its bi annual startup n battery charge "sheesh thats 6 months between drinks" and came outside after a feed and found the young bloke sitting in it and going through my old tackle box's, he was finding lures n plastics, some not even opened, his excitment was obvious, couldnt even raise a smile or even look at the camera LOL, His mate stayed the night and we had an arvie fish in our local river system, saw lots of bust ups on the surface but I then remembered why I gave this away, very hard to get them to actually take the lure LOL, we came home cold and empty handed but its only a 1 minute drive so all was good, no fish meant KFC ha ha ha !
I Built n painted "Kiona" myself, it was a half cabin off shore fishing boat and the previous owners removed the top half to make an open style prawning boat, they didnt know what they were doing and I completed the task over a 2 year period! the boat n trailer cost $800, the 60 Evinrude E-tech cost $4k and I was the third owner, its a 2006 and comming up 350 hrs! it had 275 when I brought it in 2012. averaging 7.5 hrs per yr over 10 yrs LOL, needless to say its only a family boat these days but things change rapidly, hes into fishing now!
You can see the BMX ute is still not finished, after the bathroom theres still architrave and odd jobs on the house so its still getting put to work, Jeeeez its worth its weight in gold at the moment:21:
PXL_20230901_225438866.jpg

Back