The B-2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"... and a braket shouldnt be to hard to make....its a sturmey 3 right?"

The shifter is for the 3 speed. The braking is by a rear disk with a hand lever on the left side handlebar.

The shifter that comes with the hub kit didn't come with a mounting bracket. Seems the shifter is set up for an OCC Stingray which has something already welded on the frame. Alan at Choppers US said a couple steel plates needed to be fab'd up and wleded to the frame to attach the shifter. Eric's making a plate that'll sit on the inside of the arc in front of the rear hub. The shifter will come up from that area.

In any event, Eric said that the shfter is coming along real well, so I figure i should be seeing new pics of the set up any day now.

I wanted a Moon-style tank sitting above the chain, below the seat to use for storage (keys, lock, etc). We're still talking about whether it'll be do-able or not.

I'm still up in the air on how to finish the thing off. I first wanted tangerine, then went to candy purple.

Spin

this thing is way sick. I have been looking for a fork like what you have any chance on letting me know where you sourced it from

The fork is from Chopperdome in Amsterdam. The only fork that I've foind that'll fit a 4.25" tire on a 100mm rim. Not sure how long the frame is but I'm short (5'6') and I needed the disrance from the center of the BB to the top of the seat post tube to be 21". My inseam is like 28", so I don't think the frame is overly long.

Spin

aha.. just wondering 'cause I'm like 6'2 so it would have been sweet to know the details of the measurements..

Eric wleded on come cable stays for the disc brake cable

B53.jpg

He took the shifter from the hub kit and drilled out some neat holes

B55.jpg

B54.jpg

The shifter attached

B58.jpg

B59.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I think this bike is great, but the kickstand just doesn't seem to fit. The location kind of ruins the lines of the bike and the style of mount just doesn't seem to flow either. If the kick stand tube were just welded to the underside of the wheel stay I think it would be infinitely better and would allow you to use the same kickstand (just shortened a little). My $0.02, feel free to ignore if you love it.

"...Don't get me wrong, I think this bike is great, but the kickstand just doesn't seem to fit. The location kind of ruins the lines of the bike and the style of mount just doesn't seem to flow either. If the kick stand tube were just welded to the underside of the wheel stay I think it would be infinitely better and would allow you to use the same kickstand...."

Appreciate the feedback. I'm not too concerned. I couldn't be happier with the outcome of this bike. We all have our opinions. :D

Spin

Huffsta said:
this thing is way sick. I have been looking for a fork like what you have any chance on letting me know where you sourced it from

It IS a 346 fork, but eric bought it from me
I have 1 unmolested one left on the shop wall (and it comes with sealed bearing wide front hub)
email me at [email protected] for quickest response

bike lookin good spin!
its gotta weigh like 1/4 what the one you had here does :D

" ....its gotta weigh like 1/4 what the one you had here does sicnick...."

Well, you need a tank when riding thru Fort Apache, the Bronx :D

I dunno. I think the B-2 will top out a wee bit heavier than my Higgy. Just the tires and rims alone gotta be heavy.

Good thing Jersey's a pancake.

Spin

Back