The 1890's Bike Destruction Riding Pics added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that came out super! :D looks like a comfortable rider in the video.cant wait for the next build,cause something tells me your gonna step it up another notch! 8)

Gee Jon this one was pretty wild for me . I'm not sure where to step from here. It will take me a while to do the bondo and paint this one. I was thinking about copying a basman , but that wouldnt be much....Maybe I can come up with something different when I get through with this one. :shock: :roll:

Uncle Stretch said:
....Maybe I can come up with something different when I get through with this one. :shock: :roll:

This one should be simple :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Alexander-Rocket-5.jpg

KZ1000 said:
That looks real comfortable for a big guy, Looks like a Real MAN"S bike

Do you think It's "Danimal Sized"? I think it might be.

Glad Yall all like it. RatRodDad came over last night and rode the new creation. He too thought the seat was back too far. I can come up with something to move it forward ...and a kickstand....that drives me crazy to have a bike without a kickstand. I would never make it as a road bike rider. I would have to have a carbon fiber kickstand or plastic or something. I hope to have the silly stuff finished today and then start the smoothing process with some bondo on the welds. I think it looks alot better like this than the 1890's one. Oh well more pics as it develops.

get a junk schwinn, cut off the kickstand, weld it on in the normal spot itd be, and then heat it and bend it like a harley lookin' kickstand. :D thats what i always do.

Ok figured out a kickstand...kinda...and also made a differant seatpost where I can slide the seat forward to make it a little better to ride.

morepics003.jpg

morepics002.jpg

Yeah MDR I dont know if I could pull off the fire, But I did smear the first bondo on . It usually takes me three times to get it like it should be.

morepics004.jpg

Ok I got the first of several coats of primer on. I saw a couple uhohs in my bondo that need to be sanded a little more,but all in all its turning out pretty good. Oh and no it's not going to be white. :roll:

someprimer001.jpg

That is the COOLEST bike you've done so far, hands down!

Thanks Kota It pretty Swoopie anyway. I kinda like to build something that might stretch my limits....This one did that. If you turn it upside down you can see I missed the bottom chain stay being perfectly straight. Didn't notice it before. with my jig your mainly working from one side and its really hard to see perfect . I pulled strings and straight edged and still got a little off. If a person built one on a flat table It would be alot easier to keep everything really perfect. Glad its a bike and not a space shuttle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well see Stretch I have a limited ability ...so yes this was a stretch for me. I'm still learning with each build. Maybe the next one will be a little more difficult. :shock:

Ok I painted it orange first and started having Halloween flashbacks. So I painted it black. UGH the same ol same ol . I dont think I like the chrome forks and I'm pretty sure I dont like the whitewalls. Its still up in the air about the black rims.

blackpaint001-1.jpg

Back