The 1890's Bike Destruction Riding Pics added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes when you are building a frame ,somewhere before you complete the build .....You see another bike inside the one your building. Well there is nothing to do but complete one and...

newbuild001.jpg

Take it back down to basics.......then

newbuild002.jpg

Get out your trusty Porta Bandsaw and take out the part that inspired you

newbuild003.jpg

This is just getting lined out on where I'm going with this.....But you too might can see it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: The 1890's Bike Destruction

So you go from 1890's to present day Jesse James/OCC. :?

Nice job on matching the bends

Have no idea where I'm going from here. I need to stare at it for a while. It will give me inspiration. :shock:

Uncle Stretch said:
Have no idea where I'm going from here. :shock:

I do but you got to swing that top curve downward first.

Uncle Stretch said:
I need to stare at it for a while. It will give me inspiration. :shock:

It'll come to you........
Looks good.

GL

Ok so after a long stare ....This is what I came up with. Not really sure if this is the direction I want to go ,so its just tacked

backbend001.jpg

Have you put wheels up to see if the curves are right front and back?

Wow, i dont get it. Where would the bottom bracket be? Will the back wheel come up close to the back bar? Looks almost to artsy to be functional. Keep goin man i think i like it.

Kinda. They really dont match the wheels ,but I looked at others and they really dont either. My front and back curve match. I'm going to rake the neck some more and then run a triple tree frontend so it wont be really too close to the curve. Its hard to bend something that perfectly matches a wheel and then you have to have the center exactly where the axle is and It would make for a short fork if that makes any sense.

Dang Maddog where have you been. I have built several bikes and heard nothing from you. I will hopefully get the chain stays built tomorrow....its only been one day and I'm welding and bending as fast as I can. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Uncle Stretch said:
Dang Maddog where have you been. I have built several bikes and heard nothing from you. I will hopefully get the chain stays built tomorrow....its only been one day and I'm welding and bending as fast as I can. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh man my cuputating device got sick so im working off of this piece of Optiquest computor while the Emachine gets fixed :x. Ive been missin some Uncle Stretch builds hu? Bummer. This one is lookin pretty freakey i think i like it. Will the rake job come out in just one tube or will ya rebend all that?

The top is just tacked and I can hack through most of the bottom one and cut out a little wedge and weld it back. Then figure what I'm really going to do with the top tube.

Ok I'm ready to quit this build. I made a serious error in judgement. I dont think raking the neck will fix it and I'm not sure if it would be rideable if i do rake it enough to solve the problem. I really dont want to cut it all apart and start over either. May have to think about this one some.

oops001.jpg

Ok this morning I was going to trash this frame and quit. Its depressing when you make a big mistake. Before I trashed it I thought I would make one more effort to fix it. I cut the front loose and put a big clamp on it and moved it back 4 inches. Looks alot better. This is the way it should have been. Now to try to build the back. I tacked everything so if its wrong I can change it. :wink:

fixed001-1.jpg

Back