sweet fleamarket find....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so here are some picture of my newly acquired full suspension bmx i am not sure what it is exactly but when i was walking through the parking lot of the flea market i saw a stand with a bunch of bikes and there she was i asked the gentleman how much he wanted for it figuring it would be some ridicules amount as he was said $15.00 i said sold and i strolled away with a new toy.......

if anyone has a clue what it is i would appreciate a little info i know i have seen these bike around here b4.....

Picture130.jpg

Picture131.jpg

There were a few makers who tried this style. This one is not a Yamaha, Kawaskai, or Silver fox. I know that doesn't really help much, but maybe it does narrow down the possibilities. The cottered crankset is a good identifying feature.

Maybe just me ,but your choice of shoes in the second picture makes your foot look kinda femine. :lol: Sorry I'm no help on the make of your bike.

Uncle Stretch said:
Maybe just me ,but your choice of shoes in the second picture makes your foot look kinda femine. :lol: Sorry I'm no help on the make of your bike.

really i figured wearing my 8 in snake skin pumps would make my feet look fat .......

that foot belongs to my prego wife who decided to come out side and enjoy the weather....... where 7 month's in

i even got her on the bike for a model shot....

Picture132.jpg

its going to be a fun little i know someone here did one a long time ago and had re done the seat with and awesome custom apolstry job but i can't remember who did it...... i remember the bike was orange and the seat was like folded in layers......

my parents purchased a bike like that for me, back in the early 80's.(84????) came in black and silver or red and black.
it had a plastic motorcyle gas tank and number plate.(black frame so yours would have had the red tank and number plate)

i'm sure mine was a ccm (here in canada-sold at sears) but it was an mx something (mx meaning motorcross)
here's the bike pre your model (also a cougar mx 500)
IMG_1167-1.jpg

it was a transition bike between the muscle and the mx you have. a few years later they started adding the tank (and changed the frame a little so they could) and added the springs front and back.

heres a somewhat newer version
should give you an idea of what your missing
100_4675_lg.jpg

thanx icyuod2 and to everyone else for being so helpful...... the one thing i have noticed in every picture of the bikes like mine is that the fork i have an inverted fork with these little springs but none of the other bikes seem to have that.......

the sears mx from the 80's had the exact same forks. i just couldn't find a pic.
you'll notice my mx500 has the same triple trees. they got rid of the rear brace and added the spring fork.

the red/black bike is much much newer.

I own one of these, and had three. Mine are by supercycle and CCM. I've seen this same bike locked up to a pole all the time, next time I go by i'll look at the name. that one was a cheaper model I think. I prefer those because these ones with seals in the forks suck, I always have bad luck with the seals.

all i remember about these bikes is that i sooooo wanted one when i was a wee lad.... couldn't afford one back then though... sigh, brings back such sweet memories of bikes i did not own. haha.

yeah the super cycle and ccm are both canadian bicycle companies that supplied department stores like canadian tire and sears etc.
i knew the ones in the states wouldn't be marketed under canadian names but you can be sure they were almost identical on both sides of the boarder.
all have been made specificly for sears.

Daddyar said:
I've got a frame very close to yours, and mine is a Royce Union.

When I was a kid, I sold these greeting cards and what not, Olympia cards I think. They used to advertise on the back of comic books. Anyway, I saved a bunch of money (a whopping 50.00) and bought a black and gold (i think) royce union bmx with hand brakes.

I had a few of those old bikes with shocks-this one had a sticker on the side that said Venture but missing headbadge-Raleigh? Smooth ride with coils on the back and telescopic on the front.
P1020428.jpg

Latest posts

Back