swap meet corvette

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outlaw90 said:
to me you can never go wrong with a middle weight Schwinn! cool find man. :D

Well in that case I'm doing something right.....Also have two more that are not in the picture.
P8240019.jpg

Nice Corvette too. I am still looking for one. So far my list is a '54 Wasp, '56 American, '58 American, '66 Heavy Duty, '68 Hollywood, and the remains of the pink '80's 5 speed cruiser.

Nice! probably an early '56 with that seat. I've owned a '56 'vette since 1980, so I always love to see another one being revived! -Adam

I'm glad for the comment on the seat, as I wasn't sure if it was correct, since most I've seen have the red and white one.

coastie said:
I'm glad for the comment on the seat, as I wasn't sure if it was correct, since most I've seen have the red and white one.

Actually, I double checked myself, and also looked closer at your seat. The 54-early 55's had a similar seat, BUT, it had the full springs, that taper down to a center bolt at the bottom. Whereas yours sit in cups-different. I also took a gander at tr findley's 55-57 Corvette pages, and it shows 55-6's with the saddle tan color seat that was also used on lightwieghts. My '56 had a black & white seat, no "S", and it has a U serial, from Feb. 56 as opposed to your April #. So, it's a matter of sorting through factory pics and actual known bikes. I'd say yours likely had a red & white seat with a chrome crashrail. The quilted red seat above is actually from a 60s Murray or amf. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
coastie said:

Actually, I double checked myself, and also looked closer at your seat. The 54-early 55's had a similar seat, BUT, it had the full springs, that taper down to a center bolt at the bottom. Whereas yours sit in cups-different. I also took a gander at tr findley's 55-57 Corvette pages, and it shows 55-6's with the saddle tan color seat that was also used on lightwieghts. My '56 had a black & white seat, no "S", and it has a U serial, from Feb. 56 as opposed to your April #. So, it's a matter of sorting through factory pics and actual known bikes. I'd say yours likely had a red & white seat with a chrome crashrail. The quilted red seat above is actually from a 60s Murray or amf. -Adam

Thanks for the info.

Back