SuperRat 32

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Genesis 32 ratization

Murray - Eliminator, you should pop out the crank of your super32 - mine was full of aluminum shavings in the bearings. Spins much better without that crappola in there!

And thanks - this is a fun build!

Thanks. I need to get the removal tool. but was planning on it.!..

fritzschantz said:
Murray - Eliminator, you should pop out the crank of your super32 - mine was full of aluminum shavings in the bearings. Spins much better without that crappola in there!

And thanks - this is a fun build!

Please post pictures! I work in metal, other stuff is alien to me! Never had any reason to work with fiberglass.
fritzschantz said:
Yes, the foam will need to be isolated from the poly resin. Methods vary - foiling, taping, painting with thick latex paint. I will probably choose the latter because it will make the smoothest interior surface. I will be cutting a hatch in the top of the tank for storage access. Will also be lining the inside of the hollow tank with a thin foam like a yoga mat or tool drawer padding to keep it quieter in there when my keys and phone are bouncing around.

Here is the current progress. I traded a springer fork for some apes, which I stretched 4". Not sure if I'm sold on the apes yet, but whatever I use will have red leather grips. Still working on the rear fender, adding red electro illuminescent wire under the fender for a nice glow.

IMG_20130224_130343.jpg

The tank is not glassed yet. I cut out a recess for the headlight solar panel. (solar yard spotlight that will be mounted on the front fender)
IMG_20130224_130359.jpg

More pics to come.

Just couldn't deal with the apes...
IMG_20130224_172258.jpg

Got the back fender done while watching Daytona
IMG_20130224_172207.jpg

I like the EI wire
IMG_20130224_172402.jpg

IMG_20130224_172420.jpg

Until the tank is done, this is temporary location of the EI wire controller and battery pack.
IMG_20130224_172437.jpg

Yes, sidewalls were done with shoe white topped with fusion spray paint that was sprayed into a cup and sponge applied. No 32" whitewalls on the market!

fritzschantz said:
Yes, sidewalls were done with shoe white topped with fusion spray paint that was sprayed into a cup and sponge applied. No 32" whitewalls on the market!

I'm guessing there are no 32" tires on the market AT ALL except for what came on the bike. :wink:

You probably have that right! The bike did come with an extra tube, but tires might be hard to come by. Not a worry at this zero mile point! I'm probably going to slime these tubes. The tires were not easy to get off the rim in my garage - I can't imagine trying to patch one on the road.
IMG_20130210_192048.jpg

IMG_20130210_192103.jpg

From following other "32"er" builds and reviews, you can get the same tires you have from the company that makes the bike... Kent maybe.

Yes, the Genesis brand is under Kent. I did actually look into it a while back. Craigslist and ebay will be sources as well - I think a lot of people will buy these bikes at walmart and later dump them. That's how I got this one. A lady bought it for her daughter and it was too big, unreturnable.

This is looking good! Waiting to see more updates on the tank...as I've slowly been carving a tank out of insulation myself.

Nice job on the tank. Thats a cool idea you got there. Cant wait to see it finished.

Hi, I just got this Kent/Genesis 32" couple weeks ago. Can anyone tell me where I can find an 1" extended stem for the handle bars? Ordered a Sunlite Steel Extended Touring Stem, for 1", but it turned out to be 7/8" stem, only the handle bar opening was 1", I need to raise the handle bars a little higher, the factory stem is adjusted as high as it will go now but I want it higher. I've searched Amazon and the rest of the internet but cannot find anything. So I bought some larger handlebars, MOON HANDLEBAR BLACK wide beach cruiser bar 32 inches wide,14 7/8 inch pull back,25.4mm diameter center stem mounting area, should arrive soon, maybe it will help but would still like to raise the stem. Where can I get a taller stem for the handle bars? Can anyone help? I don't want ape hangers, just cruiser bars sitting higher.

bicycle parts aftermarket long longer stem bigger handlebars taller bars

Latest posts

Back