SubaDrew's fresh finds- Raleigh Road bike - 1/27/12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds - 2009 New Belgium Schwinn - 7/25/11

Sold the NB Schwinn within a week of getting it and I haven't really bought and bikes (worth mentioning), but I did pick up some wald ramshorn bars this weekend.

And this little distraction
photoui.jpg

wasn't looking for another bike, but had a f125 shifter kart I'd been trying to sell for a few months. Ended up doing a straight trade. Not positive if i'll keep it and sell my sv650s or vice-versa.

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds - Wald bars and Suzuki - 8-15-11

cool suzuki^ btw, on that black sears, do you remember if that rear fender had two gold lines running down it? I have that same bike with a front fender like that but the rear was replace with a white one, PM me please

The blue JC Higgins is most likely a '57. That particular model was the deluxe toward the end of '57, after the jet flo production run ended. It basically replaced the jet flo. I don't honestly know if they made these into '58 (I think they were done in a very short run), but any rate they probably sold some leftovers in that year. I have the male version of this bike. They are really neat when they can be found as nice as this because they don't seem to have survived well in general. The graphics are very cool, I can't imagine how they could be replicated, especially on the men's version. Here's mine:

vg1lxj.jpg

TheFlyingDingo said:
I want the mountain bikes you find. Totally insane.

Hahaha. I guess I could mention that I got a beat up Planet X Jack Flash the other day.

I do really need to clean up some bikes and take pictures. I've gotten 5 bikes in the last 2 weeks.

I think I just saw your old amsterdam for sale on craigslist. Cool collection man!

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds - Monark and Columbia

ugh. slowly but surely I'll post some of my recent finds up here. At least 7-8 bikes recently and a lot of parts.

Here's a firestone (monark) super cruiser I just picked up last weekend. The stem quill is reportedly stuck in there (no stem bolt holding it). I haven't had a chance to take a look though.
006tjr.jpg

I got this columbia firebolt? 2 weeks ago. Had to spend a while cleaning and rebuilding it, but rides sweet now! No guts in the tank and no lens on the light though. I also re-painted the light cover white since it had faded to a tan color. Love the built in rack, just wish it was a guys bike. It's on craigslist currently.
013fy.jpg

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds- Firestone & Columbia Updated 9-20-11

I wouldn't mind that monark's fender rocket thing apparently mine had one of those at one point, regarding that orange shopper, I never knew they where sold in the us. I see them local here all the time for 50$-150$ and most people buy them to murder them for parts or just cruise around, I wouldn't mind having the 70's version of it, the one You have is proberly 6 years old maybe 5 I remember seeing them in stores when them ooc choppers where around I don't think that one on the bay will sell for their asking price though, the 70's one would however, they had stick shifters and neat things. I say make a custom seat/backrest piece and ride it. they are fun to ride.

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds- Firestone & Columbia Updated 9-20-11

yeah, the fender ornaments are hard to find. I should know, I just sold one...

Not sure if I'll part the monark yet. It rides smooth, but i doubt anyone locally would pay more than I paid for it. I sort of bought it for the rack though.

My chopper is a 2004. They sold some in the US, but I don't see them all that often. It is a fun bike, but even with a longer seatpost, mine is too small for me.

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds- Giant Yukon Updated 9-26-11

Got this one last week along with another bike. 2003 Giant Yukon. Slowly but surely I'm getting them out and cleaning them. This one is almost like new. Not bad for a Grant bill.

Not sure if I'll ebay or craigs it yet.

1.jpg

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds- Monark Super Rat - Updated 9-28-11

Sold my huffy customliner last night =(. Here's a shot just for the memories...
002hqj.jpg

Picked up this guy a little over a week ago. It's...interesting. Price was agreeable though. Was offered $75 for the hood ornament already (1949 plymouth). Probably shoulda taken it, but then the fender would be naked. Need to really scrub the BB so I can get the serial #.
monarkandcargo003.jpg

subadrew said:
Picked up this guy a little over a week ago. It's...interesting. Price was agreeable though. Was offered $75 for the hood ornament already (1949 plymouth). Probably shoulda taken it, but then the fender would be naked. Need to really scrub the BB so I can get the serial #.
monarkandcargo003.jpg

It's a 1950-52 with the one piece rear reflector/bumper. It would've had an aluminum ID plate riveted to the BB. Also, that's a Murray/JC Higgins tank, which just happens to kinda fit that frame. Nice find! -Adam

thanks! Hadn't had a chance to research what tank it is yet. I thought it might be from a rocket.

The plate is covered in grease and paint. I started scrubbing it but got sidetracked. Hopefully when I get it clean someone can give me the exact year. =)

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds- Fisher Montare - Updated 10-5-11

Good luck with your flip. If you haven't used it yet, there are multiple free craigslist readers that allow you to search CL across the country. I use this to help to determine value and asking price on my flips.

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds- Skyride

Got this skyrider deluxe a while ago. I made it into a rider with a longer seatpost. The original seat had some stiching coming undone so I tossed on the tan seat. Headlights work, but they're very dim.

I think it might be a 67.
rockhopper006.jpg

rockhopper008.jpg

Back