SubaDrew's fresh finds- Raleigh Road bike - 1/27/12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just decided to start a thread since I'm buying a bike pretty much once or twice a week.

I actually picked this one up 2 weeks ago. 2004 Raleigh Chopper. The seatpost is to short for me to really ride it, but I'll be getting a new one than wheelie-ing the heck out of it.
chopper.jpg

Picked up this GT Avalanche yesterday. Already on craigs and likely selling tomorrow. (EDIT: sold indeed. Just over 24hr turnaround)
2.jpg

more to come

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (beginning 5/4/11)

I gotta get over to your place at the end of July 1st week Aug. when we visit Emily this summer!

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (beginning 5/4/11)

i'll try to get it more organized by then.

Picked up 3 bikes this week.

this panasonic dx2000 on craigs. Bought solely for the seat (was a brooks b17 pretty much like new) for $100. Tossed a different seat on there, cleaned and tuned it, and now reselling.
1.jpg
EDIT: Woo!!! Sold the sonic for $140 over the weekend. Here's to making $40 and getting a free brooks b17 =)

Picked up this 2003 GT Avalanche 1.0 for $50 (plus some $ in gas). I guess I just got a thing for buying and sellling these things. It came from chicago so there's rust, but I think I can clean it and make some coin to help pay for the 3rd bike.
018.jpg
EDIT: Sold for $220 after some pretty extensive cleaning and tuning =)

Lastly, my friend spotted this at a thrift store. Txted me a pic and the price and I said BUY IT! Paid him back that evening. It's my second mens electra amsterdam, but this one's a bit newer, a lot cleaner, and has the coat guards. It had two broken spokes on the rear wheel and needed some tweaks, but I finished it yesterday. This is the pic from the txt but I'll try to get more later. It's a keeper.
223318_1944640810204_1068027653_2245888_8033927_n.jpg

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (updated 5/11/11)

I actually have bought 4 bikes since my last post (2 mixte's, 1 3-speed sears, and a huffy), but this is the first one I've had a chance to fix up and take photos of. I believe it's around a 1977. Cleaned up real nice and rides really well. Currently on craigs.

raleighsprite010.jpg

raleighsprite006.jpg

raleighsprite008.jpg

raleighsprite013.jpg

raleighsprite001.jpg

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (updated 5/26/11)

Raleigh already sold (was $180 to little to ask??)

This is another bike I picked up the same day last week. a 1960's?? sears austria that has been modified. Has a 1996 sturmey 3 speed coaster on it and brakes were removed. Solid city bike. I bought it cause it came with a Brooks B-72 that's perfect for my Cook Bros. Already took the seat off and tossed on a old schwinn seat I had laying around. It was also filthy when I picked it up.

sears1.jpg

sears2.jpg

sears3.jpg

sears4.jpg

sears5.jpg

Also scored this 1984 Diamondback Trail Streak (from what I can tell) last night for $70 plus gas. I was just looking for the araya 1.75 rims and noticed this on craigs. I though it was a stumpjumper at first but more research (and some assistance on mtbr) led me to diamondback. Pretty sure it's going to be a parts bike for my cooks bros
stumpjumperandthings001.jpg

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (updated 5/26/11)

Sears sold for $85. Broke even but got a free brooks b72 =).

I actually picked this one up over a month ago, but finally got a chance to finish it last weekend. It was in unrideable condition when I picked it up (everything loose, but nothing broken). 1977 Schwinn Spitfire.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (updated 5/31/11)

Nice finds for sure 8)

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (updated 5/31/11)

Sold the above Spitfire on Sat for $190. I liked that bike.

picked up this Electra Cruiser 1 on friday night. Was first to email and when I got there to pick it up they said they'd had 15+ emails about it. Cleaned/Tuned it yesterday and put it on craigs. Sold within two hours to a happy couple =).

electracruiser1001.jpg

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (updated 6/7/11)

Modern find.

Picked up this 2003 Santa Cruz Bullit frame, fork, bars, seatpost, seat, headset for under 3 bills last night but with ~100 miles on the car. Gonna be a flipper. I already have a bullit DH bike. I might try the boxxer out first since it was just rebuilt. I've never really liked boxxer's tho.

bullitfork.jpg

Also got a bike cargo case I'll be flipping once I get the tape and stickers off.

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (updated 6/7/11)

So I still have the raleigh chopper (first bike in post). I still need a new seatpost for it to be able to ride it, but I just saw this. http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Raleigh-Chopper ... 0560106538. Mine has maybe been ridden a mile.

might have to sell it after all.

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (updated 6/10/11)

eh, gonna try a diff seatpost on the raleigh and at least try it out. Would need to fabricate something for the sissy bar though...

Picked up this 99 Trek y-3 on Wednesday. Gonna tune it and flip it on the bay. This is the 3rd or 4th Trek Y i've had and for some reason people on the bay seem to really like them.

treky3.jpg

Re: SubaDrew's fresh find's thread (updated 6/10/11)

Picked up this guy for $50 with a cable lock, krypto u lock (with 2 keys), original manuals, and bike bag with tube and pump. Should be an easy flip once cleaned and tuned

HardrockA1-1.jpg

Highway patrol and higgins

Picked up this Columbia/Goodyear highway patrol and JC Higgins from a guy the other day. Any help on the year with the higgins would be great. I think the columbia is a 63, but can't find the serial (likely painted over). Even got the horn working =)

003-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

014.jpg

Anyone have any leads on a top for the light?

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds - Higgins and Columbia 6/16/11

The serial number on the Columbia should be on the left rear drop out :wink: Cool score :p

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds - Higgins and Columbia 6/16/11

been a few weeks since I bought something. I've been trying to thin the heard (around 25 bikes now). But I couldn't pass this one up. 2009 New Belgium Schwinn. Near mint with working light and horn. Most expensive cruiser I've ever bought though =/. But I'll probably be selling it anyway.

schwinnnewbelgium0041.jpg

Re: SubaDrew's fresh finds - 2009 New Belgium Schwinn - 7/25/11

Nice new belgium. If you don't mind me asking or if you want to pm me, how much did you pay for the amsterdam. There is something I really like about those bike, but when they have been on my local CL there is no money for me to buy one. :-(

Man, I wish I had 25 bikes. I had 11 max and the boss MADE me agree to sell a few before my little one was born.

Sent from my CLIQ using Tapatalk

Back