Street Skinny Typhoon DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Street Skinny Typhoon

Its my "Skipton" stem.

Welded up a backbone mount for the seat pan and recieved the springs in the mail. they look heavy duty.Now paint then stich on leather.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope those springs wont make the seat bottom out onto the tire with your body weight. Hard to say I bet... Maybe you could make the spring supports adjustable where you attach them to the down tubes..??

Finished up the seat this morning. Took 4 yds of lacing had 6" left over, what planning....not. Critter1 I sat on these springs its as close to rigid as it can get (HD)

dscf2413i.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-12-31

dscf2415b.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-12-31

dscf2416.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-12-31

Forgot topside pic.......Oops I guess I didn't
dscf2416.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-12-31

Got to use my Harbor Freight bar and rod bender for the first time since I got it about a year ago. It is not intuitive!
Seat mount is done. looks like I will have clearance problems with a back v brake on chain stays, May get SA 3spd coaster.

dscf2417pu.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-01-08

dscf2418g.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-01-08

Deorman above was my plan but crank is too close and my big feet I was going to foot pedal actuate it but Im warming to coaster but I gotta spend money then Ha

clean seat set up

Awesome work. I really like the shifter. I would like to put ape hangers on my cruser but need to keep the shifter on the down low. Would you ever consider making one to sell? I like the eight ball, way cool.

Thanks for the comp. all . RRBG the shifter has been a big pain in my seat testing gear! the most picky part I'v made its still not quiet done.I am adding a shift lock lever to engage the shift positions so it will hold in a gear the 8 ball is so heavy it wants to shift on its own. I would do Uncle Stretch's
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34427
version with the grip shifter on the tube and the lever mounted to that. Don't think I would want to make one to sell its too much work!

I think I might be able to fit v brakes on if I modify the noodle. So I made a jig to align posts for welding.

Got the right spokes and relaced the rear wheel 3x and finished the shift loc setup. Its as goofey as it gets!

dscf2422h.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-01-18

dscf2423t.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-01-18

dscf2424w.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-01-18

Back