Street Skinny Typhoon DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Street Skinny Typhoon

Worked on the final shifter location and linkage last nite. Here's what I came up with. 1/4" ss tube with the shimano clevis welded in one end. 10/32 ss screw in other end that screws into a turnbuckle for adjustment a clevis pin holds the hub end together for quick disconnects for tire repair.
dscf2390g.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-12-16
dscf2393z.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-12-16
Oh and a good Scram chain so I dont have to call BBB Bicycle Club for a tow when riding in Chicago.
dscf2392w.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-12-16

:shock: :shock: :shock:
and I thought my last seat was too low...
way to go man!!!

Thanks guys its cheering me up to hear your comments. Gdcast seat is just a dummy like myself so far. I'm making a pan seat with a leather cover hairpin front
coil rear springs aluminum pan. mounted off seat stays in back and the schwinn seat clamp in the front. Oh so far the shifter is an automatic pull back is 1st let go it goes right through 2nd to 3rd goes right through my ball detente, stronger spring time guess!
Gary

Some kind of lock plate for your shifter? :? Maybe move the forward rod connection closer to the pivot point , increasing shifter travel? :|

I think I'll try a lock rod The throw works out pretty good. But first I will try a little deeper detent and shim the spring a little.

Love the frame/mod!
Love the wheel/tire choice!
Love the shifter!
Love the linkage!
Not happy with the location of the shifter.
Sorry, I loved the shifter when it was up front on the downtube, it looked like the the tank shifters on old motorcycles. Plus the frame mods give the bike a long lean sporting/road racer look, not a raked out chopper look.
That said, this build is really inspiring. I am looking at that style forks with new eyes, and I want to try this out myself.
Keep up the good work!

Had the flu or something that went through the family, and me! since noon Fri. Woke up at 12:50 last nite feeling fine. so this morning I got the seat pan done. 1/8"
alum. hinged at front 2 coils at rear with a hoop down to seat stays. Got to get some thick leather to lace on. What I've got is too thin I have an old junk briefcase
that is thick enough but very hard.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got the leather for the seat pan from discarded a briefcase cut and punched. cut a smaller piece to line bottom of pan. Small amount of padding
just enough to take some riding. Front mount will pivot off seat clamp on cut down seat tube. Springs will have a washer with nut welded to each end.
Schwinn approved speedo may be fork mounted.

Got my stem from Critter1 nice guy! And I gotta say this stem is "Sweet" waiting on hairpin moto seat springs so I can finish the seat. My springs wouldnt support my fat butt.

Back