Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Update #2)

Rockit! said:
Where does he get all those wonderful toys???

Dude, I would vote for the skirt guards alone!!!
I'm an avid collector. Always flipping, Trading, and swapping bikes! When I see potential in a part it makes its way to "The Box"... :shock: !

Rockit! said:
Where does he get all those wonderful toys???

Dude, I would vote for the skirt guards alone!!!

thats what i wanna know

Wow, Already!

I love the handlebar and stem combo. They have the perfect stance. I've used something similar before.

Cool JC Higgins head badge!

Looking forward to more.

Alright friends, here is update 3!

Just thought I would share what the seat looks like, and here are the skirt guards mocked up. Also I stripped the red paint off the tanks. I didn't like adding another color to my bare metal/rusty scheme, So after I get both tanks properly striped and cleaned I noticed one is much more chrome than the other. Not a big problem it will just help the patina look. The shocking thing that I found was J.C. Higgins clearly spelled out on the left tank. I'm not sure what caused this because all it is is red paint. no sticker, no decal, nothing!

Notice there is no fork? Hahaha that's cause its out back patina-ing :wink:

P.s. If you didn't notice I applied the clear coat yesterday. I used Minwax (satin)polyurethane cut with 50% mineral spirits. It drys fast and after several coat, it gave the frame a nice smooth texture with a bit of shine.

P5030406.jpg

P5030402.jpg

P5030390.jpg

P5030403.jpg

P5030404.jpg

P5030395.jpg

P5030397.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

P5030400.jpg

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Update #3)

In love with this build.... :oops: ... Much much much better than last year Double Nickle ... your stealing the show this year...

Aww man I've been wanting to do the skirt/bobbed fender thing for a while now! It looks great! I had to throw that out there because one day I'm gonna rock it on a bike and I don't want you to think I'm bitin' your style :D

garagegoon said:
In love with this build.... :oops: ... Much much much better than last year Double Nickle ... your stealing the show this year...
What are you talking bout man, I LOVED LAST YEARS BUILD!!!!! :x :lol: :lol: :lol: Haha I'm just kidding. This is more my style than last years build.

Double Nickle said:
garagegoon said:
What are you talking bout man, I LOVED LAST YEARS BUILD!!!!! :x :lol: :lol: :lol: Haha I'm just kidding. This is more my style than last years build.

Didn't say last years was bad at all... I did like it... But in comparison I like this one much better and it's not even done yet... Yer not just in the lead... yer bout ready to lap us... IMHO.... :D

HotRodJen said:
me likey!!!!
Thanks Jen! :D

garagegoon said:
Double Nickle said:
garagegoon said:

Didn't say last years was bad at all... I did like it... But in comparison I like this one much better and it's not even done yet... Yer not just in the lead... yer bout ready to lap us... IMHO.... :D
:D

Here is the badge! I taped out the hole out and put in some screws so this is on for good! Tomorrow I will take the bike up to my LBS to have my cranks put back on the bike. I'm going to need to pick up some adapters to get the cranks to fit in the bottom bracket. So this will be my last update for about a week.

Also Im hoping to make plans for our member Gaskill to pinstripe my bike when its done at Smoopy's swap meet next month!

P5030407.jpg

HotDawg, that is sweet!!! Very nice mock-up, even if it's just half a bike...
Man... I love those guards... I've been wondering if something similar (but more simple) could be fabricated easily. Have some ideas to make em, but choose not to, at least not for my current build... I wanna try when I get my hands on a nice cruiser frame.

What are the guards off of?

That is looking really good, I like the raw finish.

What the?! I just saw your pic in the "Us" thread. You're just a kid!!! I can't let a kid beat me!!! It's on like Donkey Kong!!! :p :p :p

I see lots of coolness in here! I especially like the way you used a chainguard in a non traditional way. It kind of covers the dropout and makes the whole back end just flow nicely. Gave me an idea too! :mrgreen: :!:

yeshoney said:
I see lots of coolness in here! I especially like the way you used a chainguard in a non traditional way. It kind of covers the dropout and makes the whole back end just flow nicely. Gave me an idea too! :mrgreen: :!:
Well when I bought the bike that the skirts came off of they where already made like that but yes I also thought that was a cool feature!

Tyler your builds always impress me :D Keep up the good work :wink:

yeshoney said:
+ 1

That is so subtle and natural that I completely missed it...
8)

Back