Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Strait from Bonneville***The Speed Demond***(Update #1)

Double Nickle said:
wolfy said:
Are you going to make it a truck?
umm I'm not sure whats your definition of a truck?
Sign truck. where theres a plate with a logo ex-"flying merkel"

wolfy said:
Double Nickle said:
wolfy said:
Are you going to make it a truck?
umm I'm not sure whats your definition of a truck?
Sign truck. where theres a plate with a logo ex-"flying merkel"
Oh ok...and no I woulnt be leaning that way. If you look at the picture on the first page of my build and the home page of the site. The tank sitting in the box will find it's way onto this build! But near the end of the build, I plan to get some classic pinstriping and lettering done on the tanks so in a way it will be advertising, just not with a panal.

Nice! i bet your going to win to comp.!

Great selection of parts you have!! I'll be watching in anticipation.
I only wish we could get hold of some stuff like that in Oz (I could, I suppose, as my sister lives in the US, but the shipping costs would be prohibitive).

that is one heck of a box o parts there buddy. sweet fork too good luck i respect your builds a lot

Re: Strait from Bonneville***The Speed Demond***

Double Nickle said:
All I'm planing on doing is building a awesome bike for me to ride,
Best quote on RRB for a long time. I may need to borrow that for signature.

Great collection of parts and the bike is already looking tough.

karfer67 said:
that is one heck of a box o parts there buddy. sweet fork too good luck i respect your builds a lot

That means a lot coming from you. Wish I could make it to cycle fest this year and see you and your gang but looks like it will be a busy summer for me. Thanks again bud.

CeeBee said:
There seems to be no Higgins rack in that box of parts....there's a swap meet on the 15th that could solve that problem! :)

I will be at that swap meet along with the bike but I cant promise the rack will make it on this build. Its just not the direction I'm going with this thing.

cman said:
Double Nickle said:
All I'm planing on doing is building a awesome bike for me to ride,
Best quote on RRB for a long time. I may need to borrow that for signature.

Great collection of parts and the bike is already looking tough.

cman, I would be honored if you used my quote as your signature. I go into every build with that mindset and its worked well for me so far.

Update #2

Here is some parts I decided to take out of the box and snap some close ups of. I picked them up from our member highwheelboy25 at a swap meet. I think they will fit the look I'm shooting for :wink:

Thanks for watchin,
stay tuned!

P5020370.jpg

P5020371.jpg

696..30 numbers past pure evil... :shock:

P5020374.jpg

P5020377.jpg

My Higgins badge!

P5020379.jpg

The light!

P5020380.jpg

P5020381.jpg

P5020382.jpg

And the soon to be recovered nanner seat...with spring action :wink:

With a Lucky 7 post, this thing should set back great...Look in The Box.... :shock: I think there might be a lucky 7 in somewhere in there.

P5020387.jpg

P5020383.jpg

P5020386.jpg

Re: Strait from Bonneville***The Speed Demond***(Update #2)

I'm stymied by the "d" on the end of your bike's name... is it a surname or an inside joke that I'm not getting? Cool bike, either way.

Edit: Before anyone points out that I said nothing about, "Strait," I'll just state that I've seen that word misspelled so many times online that I just accept it, the same way I do "kitteh" and "pr0n".

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(Update #2)

Well sometimes I have a habit of typing like I talk..."Demond" with emphasis on the no existent "d" is common for southern folks. Also "strait" was just a typo. I didn't notice it, but everything is fixed now. :oops:

Double Nickle said:
Well sometimes I have a habit of typing like I talk..."Demond" with emphasis on the no existent "d" is common for southern folks. Also "strait" was just a typo. I didn't notice it, but everything is fixed now. :oops:

I wasn't trying to be a complete jerk (just an incomplete one). I guess it's like putting a "T" on the end of "Hearse", or spelling "Camaro" with an "E" - it's a Southern thing.

gowjobs said:
Double Nickle said:

I wasn't trying to be a complete jerk (just an incomplete one). I guess it's like putting a "T" on the end of "Hearse", or spelling "Camaro" with an "E" - it's a Southern thing.
Oh believe me, I thought it was funny that "demond" was really spelled demon. Ive never heard it different and never really seen it spelled that much!

This is SWEET :shock: :shock: Love your choice of parts :mrgreen:

Very Cool, looks great so far. I started a schwinn with somewhat same ideas, chopper fork, 24x3's looks killer

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
This is SWEET :shock: :shock: Love your choice of parts :mrgreen:
Thanks,

So to finish off the day I stripped down the seat to start the recovering process...what I did not know was that I would fall in love with the bare seat pan. It looks better than you would think it would. I will get pictures up tomorrow and let you guy see what you think!

Thanks, stay tuned! :wink:

Where does he get all those wonderful toys???

Dude, I would vote for the skirt guards alone!!!

Back