Storage building

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Man looks like attack of the site moderators. EEEEKKKK!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Who's going to tell us to knock it off? :lol: :lol: :lol:
that boy needs a whooping

Uncle, this is my working/storage space:

Picture is huge compered to the size of that room, and now is full of stuff and bike parts!
What I´m trying to say is, Enjoy the heck out of that beautiful shed!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well I was building frames in a 4x6 foot area with all the stuff in the way. Yours gets the job done.
I have seen the bikes your building and they are nice.
Mine turned out better than I had expected. A stand alone shed would have been cheaper.
It would have had a lower ceiling height and I would have lost the storage hanging up there.
This cost a little more and is sturdy as all get out so its worth the extra effort. All painted.

DSCF0002_zps58c868f1.jpg

Looks good, but you need another project now, how about a "deck" in front of the entire thing, level with the door jambs and coming out about 3'-4' enough to nearly cover your cement landing, I think it would look nice. and then you wouldn't wear a path in the grass to the other door (not that it would be used as much) but you could then decorate your porch.

If he gets it any nicer looking he'll end up living in it.

You just built someone's dream home in Arkansas. :lol:

Yoothgeye, A deck in front of a shed? I really don't plan on going in there that much. Its storage.
I got the last bike I built in there but winter is coming so bike riding will probably taper off.
My shop has a walkway so no need for a deck there.

So Steve you think I need a couple hand made hickory chairs and sit out in front with a banjo. :shock:

Don't think of it as a deck, but more of a porch or a platform, and a rocking chair on it would be a nice thinking spot.

stretchshop.jpg

(add your own rocking chairs)

Nice job on the photoshop. I actually have a place to sit right next to my shop.
Gonna have to work on it a little now that the shop has expanded.
DSCF0002_zpsde1f28de.jpg

A deck that wrapped around from the house to the shop/storage would make it like an Old Western boardwalk...... Then you could strap a pistol on a pretend you a the sheriff. No need to watch those silly old Western when you could live it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not sure if my neighbor could live with me running around dressed like a cowboy
and shooting guns in my back yard....plus the horse stuff would get all stinky.

The wood is nice at first but I'm old and have learned it only lasts for a few years, then
your tearing up a bunch of rotten wood. I like concrete...not the beauty of wood,
but lasts forever...well for a good while. Maybe covered in Astro Turf.

Uncle Stretch said:
Not sure if my neighbor could live with me running around dressed like a cowboy
and shooting guns in my back yard....plus the horse stuff would get all stinky.

All thought all Texans went around firing guns all the time. :? :(

Uncle Stretch said:
I like concrete...not the beauty of wood, but lasts forever...well for a good while. Maybe covered in Astro Turf.

I can guarantee you two things about concrete...
  • 1. It will crack
    2. No one will steal it.
.....not sure about the astroturf. :roll:

Looks good. Now get back to building.

Everybody is probably tired of watching me build frames. I was thinking more
like cruising through winter. I only have one more design that I might could pull off anyway. :wink:

Getting tired of watching you building frames is like getting tired of driving a Ferrari in Toscanini! :lol:

Last night back from work, I decided to follow your example and I cleaned up my work room, made more space, threw away lots of stuff and it´s all organized and cleaned thanks to you!
Now you could carry on and keep inspiring me to build some frames :wink:

Gdcast said:
Getting tired of watching you building frames is like getting tired of driving a Ferrari in Toscanini! :lol:

Last night back from work, I decided to follow your example and I cleaned up my work room, made more space, threw away lots of stuff and it´s all organized and cleaned thanks to you!
Now you could carry on and keep inspiring me to build some frames :wink:

Haha, interesting you brought this up. Last week I sold a 4 wheeler (to fund my surgery next week) which resulted in a large open space in my shop in which I've been cleaning up and organizing, prompted a lot by this new building.

Well its good that your all being motivated to clean. In an effort to keep moving
forward on my winterizing ,I cut back my grape vines , and this morning I washed the concrete
with Clorox. I like to think of it as powerwash in a plastic jug. It cleans and sanitizes in one swoop.
At a couple bucks a gallon its cheap cleaning.
DSCF0002_zps02dcbdac.jpg

We usually have to mow till Christmas and then it cools off some. Our leaves all fall off at once
with the first freeze. Last year was pretty mild. I think we had maybe three times when the temp
was below freezing and no real hard freezes. We get a few weeks of fairly cold weather. A front
blows in and its cold for three or four days and then it warms back up to 60's. Living within 40 miles
of the gulf it keeps our weather pretty mild.

A few years back we has a cold winter. Lots of my plants froze. Whatever made it , I planted more
of. Not a lot of color , but its all winter proof.
DSCF0003-32.jpg

DSCF0002-30.jpg

Latest posts

Back