Start of something ratty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a mountain bike I've been riding through the winter and planned on riding when I joined the group in Oakville on New Years Day for the Krusherz ride. However yesterday I was out riding and developed a bad wobble in the back wheel. I walked it home tried to fix it but it's beyond my ability. I need it trued by someone who knows how and I need some new spokes I think.
This leaves me two days away and no bike. The Coke bike is waiting for parts and my folding bike is for short cruising only. Despite the mountain bike being disables on me I did however pick up a bike on the way home. This donor bike will be what I need for my two day challenge. I'm going to take this frame and use it to build my bike for the ride.
155196_10150095091510396_509120395_7408386_360321_n.jpg

I do plan on doing this bike up real nice but for now I just need it to work. I also plan on doing up a girls CCM to match it for my girlfriend before winter is over. Stay tuned!

Many, many layers of paint cover some welding... that is now letting go... this build is probably not going to happen anytime in the near future. :cry: On to plan B I guess...

Will be hosting the Golden Horseshoe portion in Oakville. Meet 11am new years day FBMGHC headquarters( email [email protected] for address or PM me here) the ride to Cornation park in Oakville to watch the really CRAZY people jump into lake Ontario for the annual Polar Bear dip. Ridde around Oakville some Then back to HQ for some BBQ and bulls******. Hope to see a bunch of you come out and play.

Tony aka YYZMEC

As posted on FreakbikeNation.com I'm new so I don't know anyone personally yet but it sounds like it will be fun. You should come out. They want to meet at 11a.m. but they say they will probably be slow to get started.

If you have ever seen the intro to Robot Chicken I am just like that mad scientest right now down in my basement. I'm working on a Huffy Laredo that I should have going by Saturday. Nothing special just a longer fork and paint.

Actually the fork from the CCM that's pictured there is really bent bad. I ended up having to cut it off the bike. I'll have pictures of the Laredo up here in a little bit.

Okay so this is the Laredo Before...
69515_10150096236385396_509120395_7426561_5251601_n.jpg

and this is it After. When I get time tomorrow I'll add the fenders and chainguard back on. And I'll take a better picture.
167689_10150110741885396_509120395_7676836_4549228_n.jpg

I look at these pictures and I can't help it... I don't like the chain guard and fender on there. I thought I would but I really don't. What do you guys think?
165736_10150111079755396_509120395_7682942_6302478_n.jpg

I ended up taking the chainguard and fender off. It looks better. This is me on it on new years day.
163065_10150113229955396_509120395_7735215_279016_n.jpg

The towel on the seat is because it was raining all morning.

I like fender too but it's plastic. Paint won't stay on it too well. I wish it would. I may use the fenders and chain guard on another build later on down the road. I see them with a color like aged newspaper. I am undecided for now and I really don't want to do something I'll regret so I'll think awhile longer.
Thanks for the input though.

you can paint plastic with krylon fusion black is avalable in flat, satin, and gloss. all you need to do is clean it really well with dish soap and warm water let it dry and spray it. i usually run over the part real quick with a green scotch brite pad clean it again and then spray..but it works extreemly well eaither way. you should be able to find it just about anywere that sells spray paint

I've always had good luck with Krylon on plastic....Fender would look good on her.

hmm... I may consider it later on but I do have ideas for the fenders and chainguard for another project. Is the Krylon paint available here in Canada?

BrunneCustoms said:
hmm... I may consider it later on but I do have ideas for the fenders and chainguard for another project. Is the Krylon paint available here in Canada?

Don't know............Might have to look up LeKrylon, or Kryloneau. :wink:

Canadian Tire has Krylon for plastic. I have bought some but I think it is meant for those plastic patio chairs which is the same thing basically.

And Kota, we resemble that remark :lol:

Back