Sort of virtual classic bicycle 31 day race

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh.... rallied a little today; cut my lift night to try to make up some points.

-I Also had a Syracuse Classic Bikes club ride tonight as well!!!

21 on the Raleigh on my own, 5 with the SCB on the lake trail. 189 MTD points

GREAT turnout tonight!!!!!
8751563F-5D00-4CA6-9FBD-F20368629263.jpeg

.....And Marvel Miracle Oil will tat’ you just as good as any other lube.
2C24F113-3EE2-41D8-AF15-06AFE95B4C47.jpeg

That is good to hear indeed. If I started now I would be long dead before 20,000 miles. One of my buddies is a vinyl junkie. He inherited the collection of another vinyl junkie. Because of this inheritance he now has a world class collection of Duke Ellington records. He has been collecting records for 55 years and buys obscene amounts whenever he goes record shopping, which is always. If he started spinning them now he would be long dead before he finished listening. Makes me seem like a piker with only 40 bicycles.
I went to see the ortho doc today. The bad news is my left knee is in horrible condition. The thigh bone has eaten away the top of the tibia so the joint is crooked and the joint won’t straighten out. There are huge bone spurs surrounding the joint. The doc thinks that I have been riding one legged and this has put a lot of stress on my right knee. Some good news is he thinks my right knee might get better on it’s own if I get the left replaced. He feels he can do a successful joint replacement on the left but because it is so messed up the surgery will take three times as long as a normal replacement. So, in early October we are going into have it fixed, that’s another good news Item. I. Should be able to do my recovery walking on ice free roads.

I went to see the ortho doc today. The bad news is my left knee is in horrible condition. The thigh bone has eaten away the top of the tibia so the joint is crooked and the joint won’t straighten out. There are huge bone spurs surrounding the joint. The doc thinks that I have been riding one legged and this has put a lot of stress on my right knee. Some good news is he thinks my right knee might get better on it’s own if I get the left replaced. He feels he can do a successful joint replacement on the left but because it is so messed up the surgery will take three times as long as a normal replacement. So, in early October we are going into have it fixed, that’s another good news Item. I. Should be able to do my recovery walking on ice free roads.
Tough news, but brighter days ahead.

My mother in law has had both of her knees replaced. She had a lot of pain right after surgery and the physical therapy was tough and painful.

HOWEVER, after she got through the initial pain and PT, she is now 100% pain free and her knees feel as good now as they ever have. She’s as active as she wants to be and works out regularly.

Walking and biking mostly.

Hang in my friend! You will get better!

Sounds like a good news bad news situation. Best to get it fixed and done with. I've been putting off shoulder reconstruction for years. One day it'll catch up with me

Sounds like a good news bad news situation. Best to get it fixed and done with. I've been putting off shoulder reconstruction for years. One day it'll catch up with me
I had my left shoulder done 4 years ago by a guy that only does shoulders and elbows and is on the staff of the Milwaukee Brewers. It’s like new now but it was hard being one handed for about two months. When you can’t move your arm straight out to the side with the thumb down or you can’t do anything overhead, then it’s time. That was more debilitating than my knee because it completely prevented me from doing some things.

I had my left shoulder done 4 years ago by a guy that only does shoulders and elbows and is on the staff of the Milwaukee Brewers. It’s like new now but it was hard being one handed for about two months. When you can’t move your arm straight out to the side with the thumb down or you can’t do anything overhead, then it’s time. That was more debilitating than my knee because it completely prevented me from doing some things.

Not quite there. I've still got full mobility, but after at least 6 separations it's pretty much bone on bone with a little scarring thrown in

Someday. Just not today

Today was a good day.
D23: 76mi Stingray Sabertooth
470+76 = 546
STRAVA DAM.jpg

Again there are data errors. Actual using Garmin data is 76miles. Elapsed time is the important value.

Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla.
kensico dam1.jpg

kensico dam2.jpg

Back