sons old pedal car build...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more done....
nose2.jpg

dashinstalled.jpg

beforestripes2.jpg

this what you were thinking about karfer?
chifter.jpg

my son decided he wants to keep it now and even tried folding himself in there to prove he wasnt too big :roll:

I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here, but when you said your son folded himself into the car I just have to tell this story. When I was a kid (a long time ago), my uncle built a little car that closely resembles the one you are working on, and he powered it with a 3 hp briggs and stratton gas engine. When he got it done, he asked me to come and test drive it before presenting it to his grandson for his birthday. When I arrived, he explained the controls to me, and I hopped on. I could barely squeeze my legs inside this thing, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from a maiden voyage. I roared off down the sidewalk, made a big turn and headed back. As I approached the driveway, I realized that in my cramped quarters I was unable to push on the brake I narrowly missed my uncle and plowed into the back bumper of his car. I think that was the first time I have ever seen a grown man cry - and then I thought he was going to kill me! When he finally settled down, he took the little car and eventually straightened it out fairly well, but it never was pristine again.

looking good sensor !!!

and great story crassly

story reminded me too ... my great grandpa entered me and my brothers name everyday in a drawing for an official soap box derby kit car. I WON !!! MY name was pulled !!! but when the kit came, we realized grandpa either got our names mixed up or our ages, the kit was too small for me, my brother was 6 and i was 10 ( fat for a 10 year old too !!! ). i wanted to fit that car so bad but it just wasnt going happen. my brother got to ride in the car in the town parade while i got to pull it with the riding lawnmower... jealous

sensor the "shifter" is very cool looks like the siera nevada tap i am going to use for my truck's shifter when i get around to it.

since mr.559 brought up pedal cars i figured it was time to finish the steering linkage and make this usable again....
still a w.i.p. but its alot closer(still need to stripe the louvers,build a grill,finish shaping the frame and paint/stripe it,mount the hub caps,make a bezel for the lights so i can mount those, and mount the license plate :roll: ).......
bone stock
newcamera001-1.jpg

after lowering,primer,&stripes
tinytrad002.jpg

tinytrad007.jpg

tinytrad003.jpg

tinytrad005.jpg

tinytrad006.jpg

i totally want to build a pedal car like that for someone my size, haha

Could you guys repost the photos of this build?? I'm getting ready to do a pedal car pretty soon.

I did a radio flyer build a while back... viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5817
thinking of doing similar, lowered pedal car with slicks and airbags. Any ideas what I could use for a tiny airbag??

Thanks in advance.

heres some of the rough early stage pics....
dropped the suspension about 5" all around
added bigger frame rails to make it flow better(3")
bodys stock other than a bath in dp90 and some 1shot
steering column and all linkage cut down to fit the 5"drop
dash was fitted with a custom 'speedo' and dash plaque
and everything still functions(my niece was over a few months back and took it for a spin)
cut the windshield and frame down about 2" but i didnt like the look of it on the car so it stayed off
still need to make the club plate for the rear(yeah its going to be skip-links :wink: )
frontlowered.jpg

framelowered25.jpg

finalridehieght.jpg

dashinstalled.jpg

tinytrad006.jpg

tinytrad002.jpg

good luck on yours and be sure to post some pictures!

Beautiful!............Hope we're still "here" when he turns 16. Can't wait to see what you build him then.

borat_nice.jpg

Great work as always and very helpful. Now the issue is just finding a core that doesn't cost $$$.

On ebay, you want how much for rust :?:

well my sons still mad at me for selling his truck(66c-10 s/w fleetside) :cry:
so he'll be getting the caddy when hes 18(if he helps on it and not a day before!)
and jadewombat i sent you a pm

Not sure how much interest there is still in building pedal cars up, I kinda walked away from doing one last year about this time because of the RIDICULOUS amounts people want for a rusty shell you then need to dump $$$ into to get rideable and or nice. Anyhoo, just came across this the other day, brand new kit for only $150. Wish they had or I would've seen this a year ago.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/ProductSu ... 9&deptId=0

Back