sons old pedal car build...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
aka the tiny traditional :lol:
before...
Picture_0821.jpg

tear down....
tiny2.jpg

fender mounts are gone now and the axle mounts have been cut loose(i can drop this around 1 1/2" and still have clearance for the drivetrain :mrgreen: ) so i can get the channeled look i wanted....
dropaxle2.jpg

got a few things in store for the dash also....
old russian watch that died on me(trying for a gauge since my old one from my truck wont fit)....
dash1.jpg

and whats a rod with out a dash plaque?
dash2.jpg

and a few other tricks but thosell be later

this will be fun to watch (no pun intended.) man i would have taken that NHRA plaque off you hands. oh well it is going to a good cause.

You're "slipping"..........It's NOT a sensor build, until there's a foot shot!

well the 'plaque' is actually a pin(1" long x 1/2" tall) with out the pin(broke off years ago and the dash is only 3" tall....
and dont worry kota i might sneak one in on accident :wink:
any how.got an 1 1/4" ouff the front so its got some attitude now
still need to drop the rear.....
frontlowered.jpg

you know it would look really neat to move the front end out further in front of the chassis like you see the modern rat rods doing. just a thought but it is still killer and i am jealous.

i though about it so i could put a turtle deck on but realized id have to start making all the steering and drive parts from scratch and figured id just leave it alone :wink:

updates....
1 1/4" out of the windshield...
windshieldchopped.jpg

3 1/4" out of the rear &3 1/2" out of the front....
framelowered25.jpg

finalridehieght.jpg

unfortunately thats as low as itll go and still function(it only got 3/16" of ground and seat clearance) :(

I think that looks lots better. Especially without the fenders. Maybe a custom grill and mini-keg for a fuel tank

maybe a long "shifter" sticking up. looks good bet he is all excited

Rat Rod said:
Flat black...paint the wheels red in the center....have Adam do some stripping work on the hood. :D
Shouldnt it be red and chrome in center?
Like...red where blue is now...?

I wish i had a pedal car like this...all i had was my powerwheels jeep

pfft steve have you seen sensor's secret ability to pinstripe? he does not need me to do it. i think he should paint it pink he already has the paint sitting there then ohhhh tooooo bad you would not have enough for my stretch sensor :(

i can always mix up some more pink for ya karfer :mrgreen:
updates....
primer...
suededup.jpg

and the dash after pins....
dashscrewedup.jpg

got too heavy handed with the one around the gauge so ill be redoing those :roll:

nice color combo. i noticed that striping right away after i crack the can and pallet the paint that the lines want to run fat. i pallet the brush and before running a single line let it sit a few min then get started. looks real nice though

That is looking COOL!.........Just what we needed, a guy that builds some of the best bikes, and some of the best paint jobs, and now he can STRIPE!

MadMick said:
You should have Z'd the rails
couldnt on this thing otherwise it wouldve been done already(unless i wanted to make a frame from scratch and spend about $60 on steel :( so the stock frame stayed)
thanks for the tip karfer(unfortunately it was all my fault though.i just leaned in too hard for a second :x )! and theyre gonna stay to remind me i need to THINK about what im doing from now on....
ill put some other pics up tonight if i have a chance....

Back