Some tweaks to an old board tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
so is this legal?... I have this board tracker I built in the mid 2000s that I am trying to sell on Fb Marketplace. It's gotten no bites. Obviously no one wants a bike styled like this anymore. I don't ride it anymore. So if I tear it down, fender it, change some components etc., is that enough to qualify for a build off bike? As usual, I really just want to use the BO to motivate me to finish it. Then I'll try flipping it again, or... end up keeping it cuz I like it again.

Edit: I decided to just tweak this. There is not enough to do to it (or enough motivation) to qualify it as a BO bike.

Attachments

• DSCN1299.JPG
    DSCN1299.JPG
    530 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN1300.JPG
    DSCN1300.JPG
    390.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN1301.JPG
    DSCN1301.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN1302.JPG
    DSCN1302.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Found some bars and a leftover leather seat from when I used to import them. Removed the tank plate (that now I remember was made from my old mailbox at the old house). Put a pair of reject ball end grips from the stash (cuz I'm gonna sell the bike). Have new tires on order cuz when I pumped up the Goodyear Speedways the front one blew out. I knew it was only a matter of time for those tires. I believe they are original to the bike.

So anyway... I think this is the right thing to do to get more interest on Fb Marketplace.

Attachments

• DSCN1305.JPG
    DSCN1305.JPG
    456.8 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN1306.JPG
    DSCN1306.JPG
    465.3 KB · Views: 51
I just rested the rear fender in place to see if I want to put them back on. I think I do. I'll sand them, black pinstripe them next to the white, and clear coat them like the rest of the bike. This bike was painted with house paint probably in the 60s. I can't get myself to remove it.

if anyone has a super inexpensive chain guard (shipped to CT) that might fit this, let me know. Doesn't have to be Schwinn.

doesn't need to be. Dents are ok. You think that'll fit the DX frame? Otherwise, I like it. A lot.

def worth a shot. I'll make you proud and make it fit haha.

PM me, I'll send you funds for at the very least shipping. Or... I'll swap you a set of grips if you'd like. hmm, hmmm?

Back