Some of my Stable'o'Schwinns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a member here since the beginning, started out as MercuryMan, and now go by the name Schwidiot (Schwinn + Idiot), my wifes pet nickname for me. Anyway these are the first pics I have ever posted here, I finally stopped looking at other peoples stuff long enough to post some of my own, hope you enjoy. Schwidiot a.k.a. MercuryMan a.k.a. John.

Mercs62.jpg

This is my 62 American, with working Slimline horn tank.
Pams1961American.jpg

This is my wifes 24 inch 61 American, again with slimline tank.
EE-AH-KEE61TornadoRatRod.jpg

This is my daughters 61 tornado, All murdered out with the shorty chrome fenders.
JordansAmericanDeluxetanker.jpg

This is my son's blacked out 68.
We all have the retro flashlight holders for night rides, safety first and all that,

Yeah, it really has become a serious family past time, not just my wife and kids, I've built and or restored probably 15 bikes for family and friends, it's amazing how once you get started, people really dig the old balloon tire bikes and classic Schwinn styling. Bicycles have become my #1 hobby, and I make a little scratch on the side, fixing all kinds of peoples bikes. Our LBS here in Hanford California went out of business, and just by word of mouth, I probably fix 2 or 3 bikes a week, and when those folks see all the "Betty's" sitting in my garage lined up, they all just gotta honk the horns and talk about how cool they are, and then again word of mouth starts the cycle. It's a great hobby and cheaper than restoring old muscle cars. Fun, fun, fun !!!

Latest posts

Back