soccer ...whats that all about?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks GDcast, turned out to be quite exiting in the end ! (is it really me typing that ? :shock: )

Whatever you do Boris, don't mention the war :lol: but in all fairness, I don't think we stand a chance against Germanies team...

badmuller said:
If they want to beat the Germans they need to ask help from the British and Americans"again" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mmmm... that sounds like operation Market Garden all over :lol: :lol: :lol:

I´m sorry guys, but now we´re not in the final, I prefer to play against Spain on Saturday! :wink:

I didn't watch game one of the soccer WC. I'm with Boris, I'm a rugby man as well. I'll wait till 2011 for the rugby WC. And it's going to be on NBC!

Ace said:
Thanks GDcast, turned out to be quite exiting in the end ! (is it really me typing that ? :shock: )

Whatever you do Boris, don't mention the war :lol: but in all fairness, I don't think we stand a chance against Germanies team...
:shock: :shock: Cant believe I sat and watched it! :D Looks like its Spain then GDCAST has to face Germany now!

ACE, I'm English, if I didn't mention the war that would only leave me with the weather to talk about 8) :roll: 8)

tatrat said:
I didn't watch game one of the soccer WC. I'm with Boris, I'm a rugby man as well. I'll wait till 2011 for the rugby WC. And it's going to be on NBC!

Thats So COOL TATRAT! I didn't know it was shown in the US! I think Gary had it right when he mentioned earlier in the thread if there is agro on the pitch the fans will leave happy :D
Cant wait till the rugby WC ......our favorite star [French :shock:] Sebastian Chabel who is awesome, kinda brings WWF to the pitch...

sebastien-chabal-sera-grompf-01.jpg

You can see him putting both boots into the guy below him :shock: as he raises his left elbow to 'persuade' the guy behind to let go 8)

.....And the NEW ZEALAND ALL BLACKS doin the HAKA has got to be seen... scary!!
allblacks_haka1.jpg

Will look for a youtube vid of them for those that havnt seen it :D

Can´t believe the outcome of yesterdays match!
I was so sure Germany would win, amazing! That´s the kind of surprises you get with football.

I used to play a little rugby my self, until I got ugly injured. That kept me away from walking a few months and from riding almost for a year. That was too much for me. Then I moved on to American Football, got hooked till now. Patriots fan. :D

Which one I prefer on the other? mmm... probably Moto GP but unfortunately, here in our country Football is number one, two, three, ... and as a Charrua, I like it too :D

Gdcast said:
Can´t believe the outcome of yesterdays match!
I was so sure Germany would win, amazing! That´s the kind of surprises you get with football.

I used to play a little rugby my self, until I got ugly injured. That kept me away from walking a few months and from riding almost for a year. That was too much for me. Then I moved on to American Football, got hooked till now. Patriots fan. :D

Which one I prefer on the other? mmm... probably Moto GP but unfortunately, here in our country Football is number one, two, three, ... and as a Charrua, I like it too :D
Well, sadly you didnt quite beat Germany! :( sorry mate!! I was at a wedding all day yesterday and all the football heads where in the other bar watching it on tv...I even went to watch!...everyone was cheering on Uruguay :D You would have been so proud to hear everyone screaming out for your country :D ! [Everyone now knows where there FRAY BENTOS pies come from which was so funny!!! :D :D] Also...Cool to know you are a Charrua! :D Nice one! One more game to go!!!

Well thanks mate!! :D :D :D I´m sure I would have broke into tears if I had seen you guys cheering for us! :D :D :D
Just found out Diego Forlan has been chosen best player of the cup, at least we didn´t end up empty handed! :D Everyone here is more than happy about the result, no one could have imagined this outcome. A third place would have been incredible, but ending up fourth is not bad considering all difficulties we went thru.

All I hope is that this team stays together. Big welcome planed for tomorrow so that we can get to thank them as they deserve.

About soccer........

Ofcourse i heard the dutch lost the championship from spain.
But i did not see any footage of the match untill i watched the news today.

i am so ashamed to be dutch right now :oops: :oops: , i've seen the foul play moments off some dutch players.
Is this what "sport" is all about?
kicking your oponent in the chest with those soccer shoes?
(i am aware that both sides usually have some fouls).

all of europe is talking about this, they are even called "the dirty dutch".

And now they get to finish their glory tour through the city of amsterdam as if they won.
a member of the dutch royal family even said that they can be proud of theirselves :shock:

If i would do that to someone on the street, i would get arrested and prob end up with some time in jail!

I dont wanna go all hippie at all, but again dissapointed about people in general. :cry:
But why does it seem that they intentionaly try to hurt another human being?

I wish they all enjoyed bike riding and building a bit more, the world would be a better place. :) :)

badmuller said:
If i would do that to someone on the street, i would get arrested and prob end up with some time in jail!

At least a direct red card for sure. :lol:

Well I think it´s beautiful sport, and as with many things in life it depends on the approach you take. Of course I belive fair play is not about kicking the ball to the out line when a player is down, is more about NOT leaving the player down on the grass because you´ve kicked him.

The thing that get´s me really mad, is that FIFA has the obligation to provide justice thru referees, and maintain a certain criteria with ALL teams. :roll:

Latest posts

Back