So we all Collect Bikes..What else?!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awe man! I remember the Chevy Belair 1:18 models! I really liked tweaking the original cars I got, rather hotwheel or diecast model of larger scale. I remember getting the Astin Martin Vanquish from "GOLDFINGER" and popping out the seats [which DID have working sprung ejector] and put in headphone speakers which trailed to a CD player for a sound system..
some had suspension added..some got custom paint..
What are your more favored style of hotwheels? Redlines? post Hot Wheels axle suspentions?

[I LOVE Lesney cars, particularly the army cars and Cadillac ambulances.]
nothing will top the accuracy on that astin martin though...that was 10/10 ad one of few my bb guns didnt find.

Did I mention I like Vietnam and WW1/2 gear?

FZ
i like hot rods cars muscles cars , vans & it on that look funky like thr hot tub & shoppincar others are cool motorcycles

i guess you could sai i collect gear shift handle & knobs a i hav on skull , one black 3 ball & a hurst t handle
i also started collecting flashligts cause the are cheap & useful

I seem to have many collections, I'm kinda a boarderline hoarder. Die cast cars, parts for cars I no longer own, bicycle parts I'll probably never use, moped parts, random wall art, flashlights, hats, stickers, bike locks, knives, VHS tapes and DVDs, cool car related clocks, car magazines, parts catalogs, pool cues, and car emblems just to name a few.

I used to collect a lot of things, but had to cut back. I like to hang onto old temple tokens. Might start collecting King Midget literature and parts/accessories now that I am fixing one up. By the way FZ, tractor seats end up at the scrapyard here. Might be a cheap place to start. You'd be able to buy them for less than $1. I've also owned a lot of AMC's. A Gremlin, a Pacer, and a Hornet. I'd like to find an Eagle though, a 4wd station wagon would suit me well at this point.

Temple Tokens as in prayer tokens? I like Bus tokens from the 40's and 50's. My girlfriend got a Boston "T" line token in change a few months back and it that got me excited.
Im not familiar with King Midget, but given the way its used, I assume its a car?

$1 tractor seats? Like full metal buckets? No way....
[All the space on my wall filled for 50 bucks? [Joy sweeps over him reading this]
I came across a really nice Nissan Pickup, 1900 bucks and its got a set of mags on it.
I wanted to post it here, but given it was 16 days old, it was both not relevant and probably bought by now.

I wouldnt mind a little 96 Toyota.[I have faith in the solid trucks of over seas]
If it were my cash, and I were buying a car of my own accord without worry of convenience..ease of access.. Id either buy a really beat up Studebaker from 42-44 or piece by piece to build me a rat..because outside the vehicles my father has owned and maintained, I really only trust my own craft to handle the road with the individuality I feel comfortable.
FZ

I didn't even think of it I got a flashlight fetish don't know what it is but I seem to buy them even though I already have a bunch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have this strange interest with the metal fobs off of Bic lighters. By grabbing a pair of needlenose you can gently remove the little metal band at the top, which can then be used like a stud, by crimping down on a jacket lapel or hat visor for a little recycled rat flair. I must have some 150 of those by now, with a steady supply always crimped to my favorite hat. Looks pretty neat when you have a dozen or so, trimmed up on a messenger bag or something.
[favorite flashlight?]

FZ

I seem to have many collections, I'm kinda a boarderline hoarder. Die cast cars, parts for cars I no longer own, bicycle parts I'll probably never use, moped parts, random wall art, flashlights, hats, stickers, bike locks, knives, VHS tapes and DVDs, cool car related clocks, car magazines, parts catalogs, pool cues, and car emblems just to name a few.
I gotta get a bigger cave.
I have a little in sticker departments.. think I still have the trunk to my stolen Ped...I have a small and insignificant collection of stickers, but nothing to brag about..a few second hand clothing ones, a few rockabilly lady lucks and so fourth. A collection of Bike Locks? do you have a screamer? I always wanted to know how those "alarm" locks work from the 70s.

I'd probably collect Chilton Manuals if I could afford them., and a friend of mine and I worked our way up to a shoe box full of various different emblems back in our hayday for mayhem. still has em and pulls em out on "skype" once in a while. Its like our "remember when" box.

FZ

i like hot rods cars muscles cars , vans & it on that look funky like thr hot tub & shoppincar others are cool motorcycles
The Motorcycles are pretty neat, I had forgotten about the shopping cart racer and the toilet seat racers! I think they had a bar stool racer version too!

The vans are pretty cool, the number of variations are insane. It brings me to the Ice Cream "Eye Scream" trucks. The graffiti style ones are awesome.

FZ

i guess you could sai i collect gear shift handle & knobs a i hav on skull , one black 3 ball & a hurst t handle
i also started collecting flashligts cause the are cheap & useful
Shifters are a wicked cool thing to have.. Always figured Id build myself a neat display rack iffin I got into those enough. The ones I like are custom build usually.. I have abnormal plans for shifters and when I find something close they want a cazillion dollars.. Im an Arizona Native, by birth..Having one with an outline of Arizona and a star over TEMPE would seal a hundred bucks for me and fast.

FZ

Besides bikes we collect gumball machines, dragon and turtle stuff, piggy banks, AB stuff (distributor stuff not so much stuff off the shelf) shot glasses, zippos, hunting pocket and boot knives and gingerbread people ( kitchen done in gingerbread) and old tools that I still put to use.

Besides bikes we collect gumball machines, dragon and turtle stuff, piggy banks, AB stuff (distributor stuff not so much stuff off the shelf) shot glasses, zippos, hunting pocket and boot knives and gingerbread people ( kitchen done in gingerbread) and old tools that I still put to use.
A Gingerbread Kitchen? Thats pretty neat, I dont think Ive heard of anything like that outside of Sweden and areas of the like. [Much like the owl and owl clock collections.]
Reptilian collections Ive seen and like much of., really interesting array of things!

FZ

A Gingerbread Kitchen? Thats pretty neat, I dont think Ive heard of anything like that outside of Sweden and areas of the like. [Much like the owl and owl clock collections.]
Reptilian collections Ive seen and like much of., really interesting array of things!

FZ
Yeah, Its something you don't see all the time. any time we find something with gingerbread men, women or houses we pick it up for my wife. then it's mixed in with 50s and older kitchen stuff and M&M stuff. Not even sure how it all started because we don't even like to eat gingerbread

Temple Tokens as in prayer tokens? I like Bus tokens from the 40's and 50's. My girlfriend got a Boston "T" line token in change a few months back and it that got me excited.
Im not familiar with King Midget, but given the way its used, I assume its a car?

$1 tractor seats? Like full metal buckets? No way....
[All the space on my wall filled for 50 bucks? [Joy sweeps over him reading this]
I came across a really nice Nissan Pickup, 1900 bucks and its got a set of mags on it.
I wanted to post it here, but given it was 16 days old, it was both not relevant and probably bought by now.

I wouldnt mind a little 96 Toyota.[I have faith in the solid trucks of over seas]
If it were my cash, and I were buying a car of my own accord without worry of convenience..ease of access.. Id either buy a really beat up Studebaker from 42-44 or piece by piece to build me a rat..because outside the vehicles my father has owned and maintained, I really only trust my own craft to handle the road with the individuality I feel comfortable.
FZ
Yep full buckets. I have a few sitting around. Scrapyard sells anything you pick out for whatever they get for it when they sell it in bulk. So 10cents/pound x the weight of the tractor seat. King Midgets are a car. King Motors of Athens, Ohio built them for about 20 years, but it was only 2 guys hand-building them originally, with a top employment of 12 - 18 employees. So they didn't produce a ton of them. Just google king midget and check out a few pics. That will explain it better than I can.

Yep full buckets. I have a few sitting around. Scrapyard sells anything you pick out for whatever they get for it when they sell it in bulk. So 10cents/pound x the weight of the tractor seat. King Midgets are a car. King Motors of Athens, Ohio built them for about 20 years, but it was only 2 guys hand-building them originally, with a top employment of 12 - 18 employees. So they didn't produce a ton of them. Just google king midget and check out a few pics. That will explain it better than I can.
I take it you have one of the hand assembled Kings? [Jelly!]

I have to get my hands on some of those buckets..

Back