Show us your junkyard finds!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll start;

530714_435212469867608_975743684_n.jpg

This is one I found at the county landfill a couple of years ago. It had been moved by the jaws of death that they use to move scrap metal around. Other than the wheels & chainring, believe it or not nothing else was damaged. I put a decent set of wheels & a straight chainring on it & promptly sold it. PS: I returned the bus mirror on the handlebars & the front fender back where they came from! :lol: :lol:

landfillfind.jpg

Nothing special to you all but to me it is like gold. Had one in my arsenal of bmx bikes back in the late 90s. Traded equal amount of weight in scrap metal to a guy hauling it to the scrap yard.

fe60d051606740a4d7185a1decebfb64.jpg

My boss found this abandoned by the canal. Tires were rotten and the color of the paint was unrecognizeable. After a little bit of refurbishing, I rode it in the MS 150.
cooper.jpg

sensor said:
You have to post a riding video(or link if you already have) of that one! PLEASE just so I can see how the heck you pedal it!

Can't believe I never thought to take a video. Looks kind of silly when I watched others ride it since you just pump the pedals up and down. I never rode it much and only brought it out once a year for the bike fest. I since sold it so I wouldn't have to store it.

Here's a video I found http://youtu.be/av2RHReUcnc

Mikey1399 said:
Wow Sensor,that's sick! I've never actually seen a bike like that!
That's actually aka_locojoe's bike. I've never found anything in a junkyard except for car parts,rats, and spiders.

Thanks for showing me how that worked! It was messing with my head. :lol:

Latest posts

Back