Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned how to drive in a '66 International 1200 series pickup with a 4 speed stick (old granny tranny). Now I love them! Although now I do like power steering and softer suspension. A log wagon rode like a Cadillac next to that truck....... :mrgreen:

Yeah, my first two manuals came in a two for one package! lol a 74 Mustang II four speed and a 69 F-100 Three on the tree. LOVED both of those vehicles!

Buck Masterson said:
Yeah, my first two manuals came in a two for one package! lol a 74 Mustang II four speed and a 69 F-100 Three on the tree. LOVED both of those vehicles!

Nice I had a '76 mustang. What motor did your have? Mine was a 302 with an automatic.

The first manual car I owned I never got to drive :(

It was an '83 RX-7 I bought as a project. I couldn't for the life of me get it running right, so I eventually worked out a trade deal for a '67 VW baja bug.

Other manual cars I've owned include a 92 Taurus SHO, 99 Contour svt, and a 79 GMC 1 ton.

There's an old guy who runs around my area in a mid 70's mustang II that's all original, you can tell it's original, but it still looks nice. I've seen that old guy at just about every cruise in or event in the vicinity of my town, which is pretty impressive.

outskirtscustoms said:
Buck Masterson said:

Nice I had a '76 mustang. What motor did your have? Mine was a 302 with an automatic.
Started with a blown 4 cylinder, ended up with a 5.0. Scary fast!

Buck Masterson said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Buck Masterson said:

Started with a blown 4 cylinder, ended up with a 5.0. Scary fast!
Sweet, also just so you know a 5.0 is a 302. I know mine was pretty fast when I could get it to stop tearing the goodyears off the rims.... :mrgreen: Control the lead foot... :oops:

Well aware of that! lol. 5.0 is fuel injected to where a regular 302 is carburated. Got the bright idea of adding headers 2 1/2" exhaust with dual Cherry bombs, and we custom made a hidden intake for it that came up from underneath. I really miss that car. I was sitting still at a stop sign and a drunk in a 76 Buick rear ended me doing about 60 MPH. Needless to say the car was destroyed and I got the experience of spending 2 weeks in the Hospital.

I at least had the truck. It had a 351 Cleavland under the hood, but being it was a truck I drove it like a truck. No clue what I was thinking though, I sold that truck for a 69 Buick Skylark. Never felt right driving that car being a Ford guy!

Ouch, I got ended in my International by a Civic doing about 45 (Idiot on a cell phone, didn't even attempt to stop), didn't hurt the truck at all but I cracked my head through the back window then ate the wrap off the steering wheel and busted my lip. The Civic was another story, TOTALED to say the least.....Looked like it got run over by a tank......I guess it is true..... They don't make 'em like they used to.

My 'stang I just sold cause I needed the money to buy a 1970 Jeep Jeepster Commando Pickup with the Dauntless V6. What was bad is the Jeep was BETTER on gas :oops:

ok, looked at all the stuf. you guys rock. soooo here's mine. 1990 1 ton dually, 454 and 400 t tranny. it's a hauller.

NewFolder034.jpg

this is my bad boy. 1996 road king, FI, big cam, dyno and tuned exhaust, slammed to 3in and raked to 34 degrees. not much left of stock as it has been in two wrecks. rides good, it will run at 120 all day if i could get away with it.lol.

JWSMOCKUPBIKES166.jpg

Outlaw

lol, yeah, that truck don't get moved to much. at 8.5 mpg and the price of gas right now, it gets to stay home. we just use the bike and our 2003 kia optima. later

Outlaw

OUTLAW said:
lol, yeah, that truck don't get moved to much. at 8.5 mpg and the price of gas right now, it gets to stay home. we just use the bike and our 2003 kia optima. later

Outlaw

Yeah my tiny pickup truck gets about 50-60MPG I love it but the clutch is out right now, got to pull it and get her back up before winter.
475K Miles and STILL going strong. Got to love a VW diesel with a 5 speed.

Our '98 TJ with 2001 5.3l and a bunch of other crap and the '77 FJ40.
4404070925_a7a611b6e5_o.jpg

The TJ is a fun point-it-and-go ride and still tame enough to be my daily driver.
3712083420_bbf6545e13_o.jpg

My wife's daily driver is the 2002 SuperDuty with 7.3L.
4785306732_c3ea4768b0_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back