Show us them cars!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outskirt,
Very fun cars to drive, did your uncles have a v8 or straight six? My gremlin came with a straight 6 and was still an x optioned car. Someone before me did a v8 swap...not a good job but ran. since it had a 6cylinder vin my insurance was pretty cheap for my age. I used drive like a maniac, never really got any tickets but would take almost every light like i was hitting the drag strip, wouldnt do that now tho 8) . We built the engine with only 8.5:1 compression so i could run 87octane no problem, made the heads flow better, and got that thing moving. I never swapped the points distibuter out or got the car on a dyno to tuned right, so theres alot more hp in the motor to find one day.

Sensor,
was at my old neighbors, told him about you knowing about matranga, he asked who you where with an impressed sense. Hes now building now a 36 ford, he found it chopped, but not finished. He's themed it the gilmore special.
heres a link to a thread with the merc in it, he won best custom at billetproof and his s/n is mercmaniac
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... p?t=252249

BillyOlds said:
Outskirt,
Very fun cars to drive, did your uncles have a v8 or straight six? My gremlin came with a straight 6 and was still an x optioned car. Someone before me did a v8 swap...not a good job but ran. since it had a 6cylinder vin my insurance was pretty cheap for my age. I used drive like a maniac, never really got any tickets but would take almost every light like i was hitting the drag strip, wouldnt do that now tho 8) . We built the engine with only 8.5:1 compression so i could run 87octane no problem, made the heads flow better, and got that thing moving. I never swapped the points distibuter out or got the car on a dyno to tuned right, so theres alot more hp in the motor to find one day.

Sensor,
was at my old neighbors, told him about you knowing about matranga, he asked who you where with an impressed sense. Hes now building now a 36 ford, he found it chopped, but not finished. He's themed it the gilmore special.

His was an 8 all original except paint.

Rustinkerer said:
BillyOlds, you would have loved my buddy's X, he had a 360 in it, it was LETHAL! :lol: -Adam
360's are great motors! there was a guy at the track with one in a spirit that was running a bit quicker than mine. When we got around to working on the motor in mine, we took a long hard look at going with a 401 but being i was 15 my dad opted to not...probaly for the better. All amc v8's will fit in any of there cars with a v8 cross memeber, no big block/small block stuff.

Well, I sold the bug and paid off some bills. I don't really miss it because I picked this up with what I had left from the bug. It's a '73 Harley Davidson Ironhead Sportster 1000. It needs a lot of work but that's all part of the fun.

IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

Couldn't resist...
I sold my WWII Dodge a few weeks ago...
And this followed me home last night...
A '53 Bel Air
4-1.jpg

bikebuilder said:
Well, I sold the bug and paid off some bills. I don't really miss it because I picked this up with what I had left from the bug. It's a '73 Harley Davidson Ironhead Sportster 1000. It needs a lot of work but that's all part of the fun.

IMG_4019.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

This makes me miss my Harley even more..... :cry:

stretch said:
Bodge Deep said:
Couldn't resist...
I sold my WWII Dodge a few weeks ago...
And this followed me home last night...
A '53 Bel Air
4-1.jpg
wait, did you sell the beep??

'Fraid so :?
It was a tough choice but the truck was no good for the kids to ride in on the road.
A mate made a good offer and it'll be looked after well.
Most of the Dodges in europe after the war were sold to either French or Norwegian Armies so are quite common amongst the military vehicle scene over here but the Chevy plucked the heartstrings ( and was a lot less than i got for the Dodge ) and is quite rare over here... well relatively rare anyway 8)

Here's my latest ride.

It's a 98 Olds Eighty Eight. This will serve as my daily driver for a while I hope.
It's just getting broken in with 243,000 miles on it ;)

Image09192010111338.jpg

Image09192010111400.jpg

The exterior is pretty darn clean, with really no rust to speak of. I'd really like to get something done with the trim piece on the driver's door, because I know it will bug the crap out of me!

Yes sir, last winter my buddy Floyd drove one of these cars and it was indestructable. Funny thing is, he's got my old winter car, and I've got one almost identical to his!

Mine's in a lot better shape than his was, and he eventually had to sell it because it became unsafe to drive due to excessive structural rust in various places but mainly where the front subframe bolts on. I've serviced this car while the previous guy owned it, and I personally replaced 3 of the 4 subframe bolts myself and performed any other maintenance it needed, so I know it will be a good car for me.

jonvo4591 said:
Here's my latest ride.

It's a 98 Olds Eighty Eight. This will serve as my daily driver for a while I hope.
It's just getting broken in with 243,000 miles on it ;)

Image09192010111338.jpg

Image09192010111400.jpg

The exterior is pretty darn clean, with really no rust to speak of. I'd really like to get something done with the trim piece on the driver's door, because I know it will bug the crap out of me!

I personally know those last forever. this one had 300K on it when I got it and still ran great. and it was driven HARD!
P4210001.jpg

Geesh! Mine's like a show car next to that one ;)

I have a few examples of those things lasting forever. My dad once bought a '92 Bonneville that became unsafe to drive because of rust issues, and it wasn't worth it to the customer to have a fuel line fixed. The motor had 199,999 miles on it, and we swapped it into a '94 Regal. Proof that the 3800 motors often outlast the cars they're installed in. Thanks, GM!

Back