Shipping tips

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only one way to go and that's Bikeflights.com
The rest of the guys will tell ya the same thing. Get free estimate on line . Print your labels from home and drop the package at a Fed-X or pack & ship .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's a bike try to get a box from your local bike shop . Free before it hit the trash

call ahead on the bike shop We don't have room to keep them around, but i will save one back if they tell me when they are coming. if they want to charge for the box, go somewhere else (my competitor charges for them) Have the shop save everything from the bike they built, Foam bubble wrap fork brace,,, you can use it all.

All small parts into a smaller box inside the bike box,, pedals, nuts and bolts,,

Use a Sharpie to "mostly" black out the Shops shipping address, Maybe a big "X" over the original shipping label. I once had a customer get a box from me and Bikeflights/Fedx lose his $5000.00 mountain bike. After a month it ended up back at my shop cause my label was still there.

zip tie everything to the frame, handlebars, front wheel,,,

Bike flights is the best option for whole bikes apparently, but it's mostly smaller things. I'll probably use the post office because it's 5 minutes from my house vs fedex which is 30 minutes away. I was wondering which is cheaper, use my own box and weigh it, or get the set rate priority boxes?

Ive always used the post office for smalls ,just because of the covienance of having different options as far as priority vs. Basic price wise ,it works for me .

~ Rafael ~

After last week I am over the Post Office forever.....

I shipped a whole bike minus the wheels to Cali for $46 bucks picked up at my house via BikeFlights, and two days later shipped a shoebox to New Mexico via USPS and it cost me 30 BUCKS!!! :headbang::cry:

Bike flights dose small parts also . But USPS is a rip. I use it for eBay stuff but by the time I pay , P/p , eBay & USPS it hard to make any $

I ship a lot of stuff between Ebay and Etsy....
I'd like to know who came up with the sizes of the flat rate boxes, because it's rare that anything ever fits into them, always a couple inches to long or too tall. :mad: C'mon
And, shipping prices just went up again recently..pretty much putting an end to my International customers.
But, if you can fit your junk into any of the flat rate boxes, it's a pretty good deal, if not...you just eat it.
I know, just shipped a vintage stereo receiver to Cali. from Floriduh 40 bucks to ship it...dayummm....if I could've fit it into a priority mail box, it would be about 17 dollars.

You could open an account on USPS site, and print your own labels there...that usually saves you a bunch on postage instead of just heading into the P.O. to mail it.
:)
Franco

Big stuff, use bikeflights.
Smalls, use those post office prepaid boxes. Just make sure to use enough bubble wrap or paper to keep things in place and protected.

I find it helps to draw strange pics on the box too. I'm pretty sure it keeps the parts safe during transit. o_O
Only thing is ya dont know whether to keep the box or hang it on the wall when ya do that. LOL

Back