Saddle, what you got??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Persons Leather Saddles (cheaper than Brooks)

http://www.permaco.com

PM-200s-Small.jpg

77BlkLogo-web.jpg

ApolloGreen-5web.jpg

finally got my new saddle yesterday, installed today!!!!:):):)
didn't smell like death :D , and support my weight fairly, got a little springgy action from the leather, thats good for me.
overall, not a bad seat, I rate it 6/10.
DSCF1265.jpg

DSCF1261.jpg

DSCF1264.jpg

sidsky said:
finally got my new saddle yesterday, installed today!!!!:):):)
didn't smell like death :D , and support my weight fairly, got a little springgy action from the leather, thats good for me.
overall, not a bad seat, I rate it 6/10.

I got the same one last week. LOW price. I can't rate it that high. Way too much flex to the seat. My 215 pounds don't help. :oops: I will research this shoelace thing. The tag on the back was mounted sloppy.

Forgive my lack of bike terminology. There as an adjustment that allows the seat to pivot front to back. It doesn't work well. The seat keeps tipping forward. I'm about to tack weld the SOB.

The seat does look nice from a distance and it's cheap. Not Stinky.

i'm not a big guy, 147lbs at 5'7" height. the leather did flex a little, prolly more if i'm heavy. that flex makes the springgy action which i like, but i don't know if it will last.
i don't like poking holes to put the lace on the side. what i'm thinking is making a netting support under the leather, or if it gets really worn out, prolly make a metal plate to go under the leather, but i don't know if the rivets are re-usable. i'll do this when the leather sags too much, for now, i'm good with it. :)

oh, and i tighten that nut to heck, so as not to move, lol!! the seat post got ovaled :lol:

thanks, seat post came with the bike, thanks to Murraymadman.
i'll prolly do a lower angled one, one of this days, just really need to find me a cheap welder :)

Back