Saddle, what you got??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of getting something like this,
fa50lw.jpg

but want to ask here first if this is comfy.
Also can you guys post some pics of different brand you know, how much and where do i get a sweet deal from???

thanks,
sid

thanks for the quick response!!! yeah i didn't know if it is comfy, i just thought the 3 spring would give some suspension comfort, and it does really look nice!!!
thanks for the link, i'ma order tomorrow :)

Just a heads up. they smell like death. It dies down a little bit, but it doesn't go away.

As for comfort... eh they're not bad, but not the best. I'm about 250 and it had a little too much flex for me

Hello Sidsky,

Not a bad saddle, not a great one for long term riding
but the do look good on many "rats", leather quality is a bit lacking.

Heres my throne, ride it all day with comfort. Brooks B190 around $140. :shock:

Cheers.
005.jpg

thanks again guys for the response. i ordered a tan(lighter) colored one from hi-wheel yesterday. i don't ride that much, prolly 30 minutes at a time, and i weigh 150lbs, i hope it won't sags on me.

what makes the death smell?? i have to search araound the net and see whats the best way to take off that bad smell.

i'll just have to wait until it gets here and see if the smell is unbearable. otherwise, i 'll try to use some leather seat shampoo and conditioner to rid that smell.
thanks,
sid

I ride mine everyday, It is a little soft had a shoe repair guy glue in a stronger leather piece on the bottom
could use the "shoelace" trick to make it stiffer, but all in all I have found it a very nice seat. bought mine used on Ebay
did not have smell of death :wink:
blackbike015.jpg

Thanks Skip

Some of the methods and materials used in wool prep and leather tanning can be pretty nasty. :x If your seat stinks, saddle soap may help, and doesn't generally degrade the leather. :wink:

Skipton said:
I ride mine everyday, It is a little soft had a shoe repair guy glue in a stronger leather piece on the bottom
could use the "shoelace" trick to make it stiffer, but all in all I have found it a very nice seat. bought mine used on Ebay
blackbike015.jpg

Thanks Skip
I use the same saddle on my stretch and it felt like I was straddling a little hammock till I used the shoelace trick to make it stiffer.Mine never stank though.
low912.jpg

Skipton said:
blackbike015.jpg

Thanks Skip
I use the same saddle on my stretch and it felt like I was straddling a little hammock till I used the shoelace trick to make it stiffer.Mine never stank though.
low912.jpg

....! them Brooks are the shiznits!!! too bad i'm so down with the economy. someday,,,, :(

Back