Sabre Flyer completed ......almost

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I had purchased shortly after I got hooked in this hobby a few years ago. Having fell head over heels for the middleweight "tanklight" bikes this 60s Western Flyer " Sabre Flyer " Murray built middleweight just caught my eye. Fell in love with the chromed metal tanklight bezel. Slim tank style which makes it a mid to late 60s model. Haven't pinpointed the exact year but who cares. Tanklights of this era were produced by everybody except Schwinn. But, this is a very rare tanklight bezel....have only seen 2 of them. And I bought them both......if someone else has one, please send me some pictures.
This bike frame repaint was put in hold when my dad passed a year an half ago. I was actually painting this frame when I got the call. As you can imagine I put the project on hold. Had a real hard time going back to it for some reason I cant explain...I miss him dearly.
But, it was time to get it done. I had someone else finish the repaint on the frame and rear rack.
Need to still get the lights functioning but, here he is as it should be.
Love and miss you Dad!!!!

3uva3usu.jpg

amanyve6.jpg

3avynuse.jpg

beny3ade.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back