RRBBO-8 Preview

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I can't start on the Silver Moon till May1 I decided to build the grill for the Cresent racer.This is it bolted together--I'll later replace the bolts with alum. rivets.Now
I'm off to frankenBike swap to try and find sprockets for the jack shaft on the silver Moon

I think I my give it a go this year. Here is what I my start out with. Got it for free and I got extra parts to make it into a city bike to got to the local stores with. A Miele road bike with 27 inch wheels.

11days.jpg

Then the build begins...

Punxs said:
I think I my give it a go this year. Here is what I my start out with. Got it for free and I got extra parts to make it into a city bike to got to the local stores with...

Looking forward to watching. Nice place to start too :)

xddorox said:
How many of you are stuck like me playing archaeology in the bike shed/garage to gather those parts you know you have... somewhere?
If by "shed/garage" you mean eBay... then, most definitely! Had to pull the trigger on a front end that I knew I couldn't unearth in my garage...

Critter1 said:
xddorox said:
How many of you are stuck like me playing archaeology in the bike shed/garage to gather those parts you know you have... somewhere?
If by "shed/garage" you mean eBay... then, most definitely! Had to pull the trigger on a front end that I knew I couldn't unearth in my garage...

x2 :mrgreen:

xddorox said:

That's part of why I have a continuous Fresh Finds thread. It allows me to look and see what I found, then the hard part is the hunt that it takes to find it again.

xddorox said:
I'm glad to say I will be submiting a build this year. Necessity and the build off's timing is perfect. My new found passion for photography has brought me together with a 1954 Graflex 4X5 Speed Graphic camera that weighs 10 pounds. I need a small bike with low center of gravity and cargo capacity to lug this thing around with a huge tripod around town. The answer, a folder. So this will be a practical goal oriented build with a touch of cool. :)

Here's the blank canvas:

I am going to be following your build, that frame looks like a folding version of the bike that I have hanging in my shed, waiting to be built. I am keen to see you build something practical with it. Mine is a "Puch Mini" which I also aim to build into something practical, since I commute a short distance by bicycle most of the time (My bike, sadly neglected for something like 6 months now).

I haven't decided if I am in or not just yet. Going to the ML show on Friday and the Ann Arbor show on Sun. If I find something "inspirational", I'll join the fun. If not, I may just sit back and enjoy.

Going duck hunting? :)
I hope you jump in. I love the builds that you do.

Latest posts

Back