RRBBO #4?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new build off and finish in august just in time to ride it in the tour de fat in colorado! I'm in.. again.

great ...since this thread ive been planning my build the last couple of days ... guess im officially "in" this year too :mrgreen:

Where I can find the rules for RRBBO? Can frames be altererd or do they have to remain stock? I ask because I have old Goodyear girl's bike that I'm going to give a sex change, and I was wondering if that would be within the rules.

That's been a point of discussion each build off and for the past three the majority of folks have voted to only allow stock frames with the ability to weld/bolt on parts onto the frames as long as it doesn't alter the original geometry.

Rat Rod said:
That's been a point of discussion each build off and for the past three the majority of folks have voted to only allow stock frames with the ability to weld/bolt on parts onto the frames as long as it doesn't alter the original geometry.

Oh OK. I guess that "anything goes" modifications would give a big advantage to the best fabricators. I picked some bikes today that I can use as a base for my project instead of the Goodyear. I'm assuming any wheel/tire combo, fender, tank, or fork mods, etc. would be OK.

i like the idea of bolt on's and tak welds evens the odd's. So theres a build off then or are we still talking about it? and maybe another theme.

Tiki "coff,coff, Tiki..... :wink:

jon said:
i like the idea of bolt on's and tak welds evens the odd's. So theres a build off then or are we still talking about it? and maybe another theme.

Tiki "coff,coff, Tiki..... :wink:
Rat Rod said it would be from May 1 - August 31.

Actually rat rod said "i'm thinking may 1st to August 31st" I'm thinking im Rich but does not make me wealthy!!! :eek: :shock: :wink:
lol, i cheated!

i say kids 700c spaceklunker :idea: :shock:

i think this time around you should allow altered frames. chopping is a huge part of the rat rod car world, and wether we agree or not, its a big part of rrb and the rat rod bike world.

its for fun right? so theres no need for any of the "it's not fair" comments. the same could be said about having a larger selection of old bike frames to start the project with.

who cares who's got the biggest welder or the best hydrolic bender or the oldest rarest bicycle frame. i for one would like to see some of the larger builders in competetive mode. lets give em there moment in the sun.
never been much for rules, i think anything go's would spawn some incredable creativity.

that being said, some of my fav. bikes on rrb are old restored clunkers. its still anybodies game.

I'll probably run another poll to see if people want altered frames or not.

I think the thought was to try to keep the playing field even.

Glad to see this conversation never dies...he he. :lol:

Why not two classes, same theme, chopped and un-chopped?

Allows everyone to get involved.

Back