RRB SELLING COOL STUFF NOW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is still a good price - if you figure $100 for the tires (includes shipping) that is still only $129 for the wheelset and if you've priced these wheels custom built you can pay that much for one! Fantastic addition to the website - thanks again Steve! Robert

NicksGarage said:
Can you ask them if they're going to offer 2 and 3-speed ones?

2 and 3 speed hubs are in high demand these days and 3G is forced to use what they can get for their complete bikes.

Maybe this will help some.
On the alloy 1 1/4'' rims like Chuck sells they are 27 1/2'' tall and 2 1/2'' wide
On my 80mm (3 1/4) wide rims they are 27 1/4'' tall and 3 1/4'' wide.
These are real close and probably not perfect, because I didn't have my bike tire mic out. :lol:
Gives you an idea of the dimensions.

Road Master said:
Fantastic addition to the website - thanks again Steve!

x2! :D

Gotta start saving my pennies....already picturing my Onyx 29er with a set. 8)

Uncle Stretch said:
On the alloy 1 1/4'' rims like Chuck sells they are 27 1/2'' tall and 2 1/2'' wide
These are real close and probably not perfect, because I didn't have my bike tire mic out. :lol:

Thanks. I'm now trying to decide if they'll squeak into the Columbia 3-star I just bought...

expjawa said:
Uncle Stretch said:

Thanks. I'm now trying to decide if they'll squeak into the Columbia 3-star I just bought...

I just measured my 3 star and I don't think they would quite fit.

Well, I think that the width on a narrower rim might just, but I think then the diameter becomes an issue. I may have to go with a 24x3 if I really want something that wide on it. I'm just looking at the frame at this point, since it has a middleweight fork on it that will swapped.

Hey Steve,
What is the width and diameter of your BOA/57mm copper combo?

Hey Kingfish those rims are 2 1/4'' wide. That will still make the height between 27 1/2 and 27 1/4, and as wide as the
2 1/4'' rim.

Uncle Stretch said:
Hey Kingfish those rims are 2 1/4'' wide. That will still make the height between 27 1/2 and 27 1/4, and as wide as the
2 1/4'' rim.

Unc, I figured the diameter wouldn't be much different, but I was more concerned with the width. You stated that these are 2.5" wide on 1.25" rims and 3.25" wide on 80mm (3.25") rims. Since the 57mm (2.25") rims are somewhere between, probably around 2.75"-3" wide. Figured Steve could give us good measurements since he has this combo on his 3G.

For anyone interested...I measured my wheel/tire this evening on the 3G.

Looks like the diameter of the wheel with the BOA-G tire inflated is approximately 28".

The width of the tire when inflated is somewhere between 3.25" and 3.5"....as you can see from my photo, it was hard to line up the tape measurer. :lol:

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

BTW...someone ordered a set to put on their Genesis Onyx 29er Cruiser from Wal-Mart. :mrgreen:

I told them they needed to post photos when they got them installed.

I may get a pair to try on the Felt El Guapo that is heading my way.

Waiting for pics of the single speed coaster 24" x 57mm Jemima wheel sets in copper, red and black.

They will be the same price as the 26" wheel sets.

Supposed to get pics today. :mrgreen:

Back