RRB Build Off 11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh cool! Well that leaves me out of the build off. Oh well maybe next year.
Just take it apart and start over again.....I'm sure that you can make some changes!

Na I put a fork in her. Shes done

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    441 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 218
P-40 wow !! So .... cool! Cant wait to see it. Let me know if you need some aircraft related stuff. Hardware etc. If I missed the window on my build I would love to see yours come together.

Well, I see why you say it is done. Very nice! That is the same shur-spin that I got from you (on ebay) but, wait, yours looks to have more cylinders than mine!!!:eek:

P-40 wow !! So .... cool! Cant wait to see it. Let me know if you need some aircraft related stuff. Hardware etc. If I missed the window on my build I would love to see yours come together.

I will. Joe, you might start a thread and post some of your items over here. I am sure that most of us know you from The CABE, but not everyone hangs out over there.

Is that an 18 cylinder radial, like a P&W 2800?

Na I put a fork in her. Shes done

Make sure you post that beauty in the regular Builds or Gallery Sections of the forum. I love what you did with that Bluebird!!!!! Hope you join us with a new build in May. The build off will run from May 1 to approximately Aug 1.

BO-11, I've been gathering parts. I can't wait to get started building... it will be a GAS!;)

I'm building two sex change bikes. Going to be tough to get them both done.

Yeah, I have 2 planned for this build off also. One sex change on an Elgin curved seat tube ladies frame. It will be a challenge!

I'm not sure, but I think you can only enter one build. At least that the way the rules used to be.

I'm not sure, but I think you can only enter one build. At least that the way the rules used to be.
That's what I thought too, but who knows; maybe the rules will change this year.
I wouldn't count on it tho, this is the big build off. One frame change, is the norm. Plus its gonna be triple digit builders, to much to keep track of. But dang, I'd love to see the visions in everyone's heads. Especially the once a year builders.

That's fine, then I can start on the Rocket.

Buildoffs in the end, bring cool bikes of all kinds, particularly if "anything goes" is the format. The Winter Build Off in 14/15 (WBO1) was my 1st attempt, and it was a great experience. It produced soooo many nice rides! 15 of the 27 bikes entered could have been winners, with Funkme with her 1910 Indian coming out on top. New ideas are brought to light in formal buildoffs, and so I support them because they reveal cool "secret" ideas and info about frames, forks, rare parts, and Rat designs otherwise hidden from the masses.
Maybe the build-offs should be organized one for summer and one for winter, unlimited, anything goes. If not, there is always the "builds thread", where you can show off your steeds with less detail or effort. skpc

There's definitely a lot of cool stuff that comes out in an anything goes type of build off, I'm looking forward to 11 even though I most likely won't be able to participate. Everyone always shows mad skills, and creates some amazing bikes.

Im not really into buildoffs. Im more of a build a bike a year kind of guy. I dont like to make start to finish build threads because people love to steal ideas during the process. I will just build bikes and post them in finished form. But I do look forward to everybodys creations.

I dont like to make start to finish build threads because people love to steal ideas during the process.
I like to refer to that as borrowing, not stealing.:bigsmile:

However, I do have some ideas that I'll be working on from the start that will not be revealed until close to the end.:bandit:

Latest posts

Back