RRB Build Off 11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as discussions go...
There's probably areas where each of us gravitate to. I myself rarely go see the BMX section here. But the "BIG" build off here is where much of it comes together, even though you don't see many BMX or road/touring bikes in the "BIG" build off... discussion is what it is... just talk.

Carl.

Nascar
then...
iu

American full size IRON!
iu

now...

iu

a CAMRY? really?

iu

:arghh:

I will say that the build offs are a flood of new builds that are really hard to keep up with, especially if you are building also. I am sure that most of us have looked at the voting pictures and thought, where did that bike come from? Then there are builds like Waldo Jeffers...the bike is awesome, BUT........if you haven't seen the process that went into it, you are missing a very interesting journey! I have also gone back and looked at build threads after the build off was over and realized some trick intricate details.

That's a perfect example of something that was once great, and now has nothing to do with it's own roots.

I don't necessarily disagree with you here, but my point is simply why can't this forum push the envelope of creativity all the time? And why is the "Build Off" worthy of more discussion than actually discussing cool custom bikes?

I've studied the best selling book of all time for seven plus years now. When I get into conversations about it people tend to want to discuss the parts that resonate with them the most. Perhaps a bit more moving through the forum will give you what you seek. Have fun discussing what resonates with you most.

The builders just finished a contest. It's the current buzz. There are plenty of great builds on the site. My "YELLow Belly" was a DNF (see below.) Go to the galleries and you may find the treasures you seek. Here are some that I have built and they've all been talked about along with thousands more that I haven't made my way through reading about. Remember, have fun with it.
-Gig
side view.jpg
ebay---speedster-profile-2-small.png

gig mata blue yale profile.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 5.10.17 PM.png
switch-a-roo2.jpg
mint bike.png
bastard10.jpg
thunder10.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg
1622871_10151957677752569_962462797_n copy.jpg
NAVY-5.png
IMG_0287.JPG

We all know what site we are on, so we can drop the RRB. I vote for just Build Off 11 or BO11 / BO 11 for short.
Hey KingFish you might be onto something. You won. Maybe the winner should name the next build-off and possibly choose the theme. Although, I like Lukes "Snake Eyes" I think it would be pretty cool for the winner to decide what the next theme would be. It could get wild and push that envelope, e.g. all girls/women's frames for the chassis or purely scratch-built.

Gig, the big build off doesn't have a theme other than build a cool bike. Everyone has free range to build what they want with no real restrictions. I would not want any theme or style restrictions for the main BO. That would limit the builds not push the envelope in my opinion.

As far as names, the main build off is always simply Rat Rod Bikes Build Off xx. Different people abbreviate it different ways or have nicknames for it, but nothing official.

Gig, the big build off doesn't have a theme other than build a cool bike. Everyone has free range to build what they want with no real restrictions. I would not want any theme or style restrictions for the main BO. That would limit the builds not push the envelope in my opinion.

As far as names, the main build off is always simply Rat Rod Bikes Build Off xx. Different people abbreviate it different ways or have nicknames for it, but nothing official.
Thank you & "snake eyes." (I just had to write it one more time.)

- by Gigmata

You want something to get dropped on a forum? Ignore it. Want it to keep going as the topic? Bring it up in a complaint post...
Fun with names takes nothing away from the builds themselves, which HAVE their own threads. Likewise the voting threads afterwards. But it's kinda hard to discuss how awesome the builds are in a Build Off that hasn't happened yet... (Taking it to 11)

Also +1 on the "Best selling Book of all Time"

Carl.

Daaaannnnnggggg......I didn't realize I was going to start this kind of thread. I only posted what I did in jest because BO 10 had just ended. I personally don't care if the BO's have a nickname attached to them or just go by their BO number. I would participate regardless. The "name" is not my focus during a BO. There's no points or trophy for coming up with a "winning name" and still wouldn't care if there was. I build what I build knowing I won't "win" but rather build it for me to enjoy a little while. I'm here for the camaraderie, insight and building fun! RAT ON LADIES AND GENTS!!

When it comes to build off 11 there's nothing to talk about,obviously.
But the title of this thread is build off 11,so I vote instead of rambling on and on about whatever; we just let this thread die out. If we do that,maybe this will be the last post.
So to quote a couple famous people.
"Good night and good luck"
"Now get ta building"

I believe that it starts May 1st........

No problem Joe, I owe you, I bought a shur-spin from you for my next buildoff bike! I believe that the only rules are, you can not start before May 1 and the result has to be rideable!!

Latest posts

Back