Robins Nest

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Zombie

~:Undead Forever:~
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I guess it's about time I start posting the things I find in an organized folder,. I've only been here since '14.

Where to begin. Where I once did? With my first find? Or forward. Probably forward.

This is the Current collection as of this post.
Snapchat-1380221714.jpg
Snapchat-1529369431.jpg
Snapchat-1596347970.jpg
IMG_20230830_085906.jpg

Snapchat-786983487.jpg

1945/6 Westfield
I owned this bike roughly eight years ago and sold it to someone out in the sticks some miles away only to have it offered to me in a deal by a friend in the hobby just recently.
This next photo is how it sat when I had it the first time. Not much changed. Sold the light by itself eons ago and I do have the rear fender that also isn't right for this laying about yet to put on.
Screenshot_20230909_114634_Facebook.jpg

I built this from spare parts and a frame I just couldn't wait to take out for a ride.

Couldn't believe nothing was picked from it over that time away. The light was put on something else before I had sold it years back.

Very happy to have this one back in the house.

Last edited:
Great smattering of parts in there
Yeah, still a shame about that two step stair style stem welded down to the bars, but there is definitely some cool being scooped up for a Build out of one of them. Turns out the Green Roadmaster is shot. Rusted through the bottom support bar for the tank completely. It's almost gone all together so I feel a little less bad parting it but man..what a loss on that being solid enough to keep whole 😫

Snapchat-513873220.jpg

The folleys of spontaneous pick ups.
Three bikes came home. This being the nicest condition of them but the worst frame. It'll be parted out for other builds, but I am sad to see when a frame is just Done.
This was going to be kept whole as its made it this far and I'm sorry to see it has lived its time.

Peaked fenderset, seatpost and clamp, dual barrel springer, kickstand, one half of the tank, the hubs, crankset and chain ring, rack and finally the bars and headset/hardware throughout are being as gently removed as possible and seem to be just fine. The Guard had the front strap snap in half but it's solid and ready for a new bracket as well.

I don't get out much and I've never seen a crank like that. The twisted heart or heart in motion is really cool. Looks like a tattoo pattern or something.
The Twisted Hearts ring is indicative of post war CWC. I've usually found them smaller, for ladies models but this is a full size for men's and around the same era as the comparative Monark chain ring in standard 1" pitch.
I actually run into them a lot. This ones loose right now. They typically fetch 25-65 depending on overall condition and size.
Snapchat-351254174.jpg

This shot makes me want to ride down the road and pose my bike in front of the corn. Just something about a corn field and old bikes, you know?
I do get it. The earth splash of green. The symbol of a Midwestern summer coming to fruition for fun times and farmers alike.
I'm not from Wisconsin, and it took a while to accept it was either corn or snow in the background for ride shots,. But I guess I'm coming around 😏
Thanks for the reply and the solidarity. I'd rather eat it than pose it but it sure does make the chrome jump out. 😉 🚲
Snapchat-2048086874.jpg

Fz

Have you ever seen a twisted heart with standard chain? Maybe skiptooth is what makes them more rare
I haven't. I'm sure they were one of the last designs by CWC before selling to AMF post fire.
Cleveland stopped using Skip chains a couple years after AMF buyout. I've never seen one made for a standard but they aren't "rare" by Definition of Hens Teeth, I wouldnt say. Just seen them on ladies more than men's. It actually came off a bike it wasn't originally to, so I wonder what it was originally on, being a larger version.
[Sourced off a '41 Huffman frame]

Fz

I love CWC bikes, but they're practically unobtainable here in Canada. I'm just soaking up the history. Thanks for the thread
I hear you do pretty good with the oldies CCM though! Some of those are outright CLASS!!

I'll keep my ears to the ground if I should hear of a Canadian with the American bug out there.
They're my favorite maker as well.

Latest posts

Back