Roadent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big news on the Roadent build. I may have actually scored what I'd consider my grail bike. Found in the basement of a hardware store that is owned by a family that also owned a Schwinn store a long time ago, she's now quite possibly on a thousand mile journey to my house. So, one of two things will happen. It will show up, become the new Roadent and I'll ask for this thread to be moved to the Builds forum. She's rough, and it's going to take some time to get her back on the road. I'll have to add wheel building to my derailleur adventures and I won't want to wrestle with a deadline.

The second scenario is that I don't score and she doesn't travel a thousand miles to her new home. Then I'll press on with my '63. Just don't want to use my new cables and bar tape and etcetera until I know for sure.

It's a really cool ride - you'll dig it.

furyus

Curious about the potential switcharoo but the Varsity is cool.

Don't want to reveal it until it is in my possession. Already suffered enough disappointment with buying vintage online this year. If it doesn't work out, I'll be happy with my '63. If I do get it, it'll be a keeper, at least while I'm on this plane.

furyus

Last edited:
In the meantime, you could satiate those of us with a penchant for your poetry and prose....:wink1:

In the meantime, you could satiate those of us with a penchant for your poetry and prose....:wink1:

What has possessed me
Old bicycle parts piled high
can't get enough rust

furyus

New words raise our hopes
your build waiting in the wings
ready to take flight.

There was was an old bike name of Schwinn,
whose kickstand was held by a pin.
It weighed near a ton,
but was still kind of fun,
whether gearing was single or ten. :grin:

Check out the untapped talent on display! I think we've got enough folks here to ask Steve for a Rat Rod Bikes Poetry sub-forum, and Deorman can moderate.

furyus

As the pages turn
Third time is the charm they say
deorman makes a point

Latest posts

Back