Ridin' Dirty

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always like jezusjonz Anything Goes Buildoff bike so I thought I'd make my own but a little more my style, here's his
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=22187

Here's what I started with, an old Elgin?
100_8421.jpg

This is where I'm at now, ready for primer and rollin on a New Departure skiptooth "trispoke".
100_8610.jpg

Markm said:
cool!!
"New Departure skiptooth "trispoke"....sounds weird :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ditto. I like the original too. Maybe this will become another way to Gender Swap a ladies frame. :mrgreen:

Thanks guys, I had nasal surgery yesterday so I won't be able to do any serious work for a while but it gives me more time to think about what I want to do. :D

I was just cruising along about 30mph and I locked up the rear wheel to do a crazy skid but I guess the rear wheel wasn't strong enough. Luckily I had my cap on instead of one those lame helmets so I looked cool flying thorugh the air :roll:. I was really suprised because I've already ridden atleast 20 miles and jumped a few curbs without any problems.

100_8780.jpg

Helmets are overrated I've crashed several times without one and not a hint of niarb egamad ... the front wheel looks cool toss one of those on the back.
P.S cool fame man

bicycleguy said:
I was just cruising along about 30mph and I locked up the rear wheel to do a crazy skid but I guess the rear wheel wasn't strong enough. Luckily I had my cap on instead of one those lame helmets so I looked cool flying thorugh the air :roll:. I was really suprised because I've already ridden atleast 20 miles and jumped a few curbs without any problems.

100_8780.jpg

Braking puts a tremendous twisting force at the hub. Whatever the force at the contact surface is multiplied by roughly 13times, that could be over a thousand pounds of torque at the moment of lockup.
It's a shame that Aerospoke doesn't have a coaster brake wheel! :wink:

Latest posts

Back