REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've spent the last few days tying up the little things on this project before working on the front fork (which will be a challenge in itself).

I found a few more things to add before tackling the front end. I found these bezels in my parts bin, I'd like to make a time machine speedometer using them. :wink: The grey one is a rear reflector housing off an early Schwinn. The brass bezel was taken off a damaged Delta light. Don't know if it'll work?

I spent the entire day, yesterday , sculpting the gooseneck housing for the speedometer...geeze, what a bad idea that was! Not only was it too big for the front of the bike, but it also looked like a duck head! Oh well, scrap that idea and back to the drawing board :D :D :D

Nice Chameleon Head Speedo. I haven't seen one of those in a long while.

Chameleon.jpg

That's the thing with art, it's in all in the eye of the beholder. First you thought of a duckhead, I first saw a chameleon, but on second glance, I think you should have saved it for a Sleestak build. :p . Don't get me wrong, I actually like it and bet that it would work once it was painted up. But looking at it alone like that, it screams Land of the Lost Sleestak to me now. :mrgreen: Carry on, good buddy!

sleestak-ferrell.jpg

Since there's a consensus that the "duck head" is a joke...I scrapped that idea and looked in my stockpile of parts and found a nice late 1930's Torrington 'Art Deco' gooseneck and Delta Gangway electric horn for my head mast . I added the green jewel ( it was actually a green marble i cut in half with a tile cutter) the bezel is from the bottom of a tube

Here's how I tied off my pipes. So that it appears to be a small exhaust. The leather badge (turned out nice) I soaked it in acetone before applying on the frame and allowed it to air dry, adding a nice patina.

Here's a small sampling of the 7 colors it took to paint the white PVC pipes for my exhaust

This photo shows my brass tie (also PVC) and how I managed to wrap the exhaust tubing around the frame's down tube

LukeTheJoker said:
:shock:
Where on earth do you get your inspiration from?
Inside your head must be a crazy place!

Luke.

I wouldn't call the inside of fordsnake's head "crazy"... I'd call it "wondrous" :shock:

Wicked work buddy!!
An Art Deco gooseneck is trumps a Sleestak duckhead anyday!

This build is truly a masterpiece.....superb creativity, ingenuity and imagination. 8)

Super creative!
As a kid , I bet you always had the best Halloween costumes in the neighborhood! :wink:

Back