ratrodbikes tv show yes i was seriously asked about this idea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be more interested in a show about the different genres of cycling. Maybe each episode follow a different clan of riders. I mean if you think about it, there are some strange characters who ride bikes. You have the fixie hipsters, the spandex cowboys, the touring wanderers, Fred Commuter, the hippy beach cruisers, the stoned mountain bikers, gravel grinders, the tattooed rat rodders, etc. There is so much material right there, you could poke fun for years and years.

Start a YouTube group called BoNine. Everyone who is willing could shoot a self produced video updates of their projects from time to time and upload it to the group. It would be more fun than just pictures. Actually I bet it would be a riot!

Would love to be on this show if it were to happen, need the money. Also, it would be sweet if someday, Felt made a sweet retro style cruiser for me that sld for 700+, show me the money

Start a YouTube group called BoNine. Everyone who is willing could shoot a self produced video updates of their projects from time to time and upload it to the group. It would be more fun than just pictures. Actually I bet it would be a riot!
I'm in if we can get a few more!

Luke.

Hey,

It's Gig. I have worked on various types of TV shows and films for nearly 20 years. Believe me when I tell you if you can be entertaining start by making YouTube videos. With nothing more than your phone for a camera and some inexpensive editing software you can get out there. Gain a following and then do a show. Do whatever you can to get very good sound. Sound is hugely important. I would suggest a community effort. Have various builders make videos about how we build our bikes and post them to a common channel. Here is where what I am suggesting will sound insane: don't post the videos anywhere else for about 2 years. Why not put them on your own channel, because then viewers can see we are a community of people and it's not just one guy in his shed who absent-mindedly forgets to remove the rust and paints his bicycle with clear or glow in the dark coating. Pick YouTube, Vimeo, or Ustream. I suggest YouTube because it is where many folks will look first for videos. By consolidating the videos in one place you keep it a community and build the fan base as well as an amazing library of videos. Once you have numerous videos you get a voice-over guy and a real editor. Take you videos from YouTube and intercut builds from various builders and draw out the build over the course of about 23 minutes which will leave time for commercials. Once you have two of these edited videos you are ready to start shopping the show to networks.

Audiences love watching things be made or refurbished. Just turn on the DIY Network, HGTV, or Velocity for a myriad of examples. The eyeballs are there and they are attached to wallets. I have given this a lot of thought.
You are probably wondering why I haven't done it myself. I haven't because I work 5-7 days each week and I refuse to begin all of my thoughts with the word "So."

80919fd07cfcfc5d066986c75e73d702.jpg

- by Gigmata

Last edited:
Bumping this one back up for BOTEN, I was actually planning to do a few video updates in my build thread anyway...

Hashtag's #BOTEN #RatRodBikes in the description?

Luke.

Agree with the Gigmeister, Youtube is the way to go, costs nothing, just need some decent gear, and plenty of people with the skills and banter, I have a youtube channel but its a mixture of random rubbish, my custom motorbike builds and now the occasional bike video of my cruisers but nothing educational, but I cant even find another cruiser rider here let alone have any skills to build pushbikes just yet but I am working on it!

One of my friends owns a junk yard and party store in the middle of nowhere. He has a welding fab business, plows snow with three 300,000 mile rusted out junk trucks with broken frames, the bed and cab full of junk, tools and welding units and no tail lights, has rental units around his store, is a notary and is licensed to marry people. His social network is a bunch of off the grid people who do what little he doesn't. Over the last few years he has had two groups phone him about a reality TV show. He is a notorious curmudgeon and told them to buzz off telling them, "I don't watch TV, it's trash and a waste of time", but his renter above his store was involved at one time in the TV business and she wrote up a proposal. Eventually NatGeo sent a crew and they filmed an episode. After the big wigs viewed a bunch of different proposals, his was the only one they liked and they gave approval for two more episodes, but it is dead in the water. My son is a film editor in NYC and according to him about 3% or less of these that even get as far as a pilot episode ever make it to national TV. Youtube would be a way to get rid of all the money men and politics and go straight to viewing. If it gets enough interest it will develop further. My buddy doesn't help himself either, being such a curmudgeon and indifferent to the whole thing. He tells people that don't have their money or card ready at check out to "get to the back of the line, your worse than an old lady", to cheers and chanting "no waiting here". He is rough around the edges, tells some people who try and be nice to him to get lost, been slapped by an old lady for swearing (he admits he deserved it and got a big kick out of it). I once had him fabricate something for me and he had me tend his store while he did the welding. I asked how much $ for the job and he said "get the H outa here, I am tired of looking at you". I went and paid his wife for his welding. What a peach of a guy, one of my best friends.

Here's the RRB Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8FyaBLW1rT5kuMNUJorFnw

I had to set a new one up so that it wasn't showing my personal account as the publisher.
We still need a place for the construction of rats, maggots and highly modified stuff. I like to look at these bikes on the RRB youtube channel as they don't have them around here to see in person. Video is so much better than a photo.

I did a tv show once Truckin USA my area had a open call an I got in 12 hrs of non stop filming for a half hr show that after take after till it was right so whoever gets this ball going an wants to get involved be prepared that's all I'm sayin to all good luck.

Back