Rat Rod Bicycle TV show

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
Yeah...Youtube probably is a better way to go....I just hate Youtube...ha ha! :lol:

I also have a paid account with Vimeo so I have decent storage size.

Youtube has always seemed like a big cluttered mess to me....ala MySpace.

Like you I hated and avoided youtube for the longest time. A lot of crap on there. After running out of space on Photobucket I moved over to youtube and have really come to like it. As far as I know, unlimited storage. You can include other users videos on your channel and playlists without having to upload them.

You can organize your channel so it's not a big cluttered mess http://www.youtube.com/user/yoyaker?feature=mhee

Yeah...I see the technical and organizational benefits...I just hate the user interface on that site. :x

I also hate the fact that the videos that show up on the right side can be full of bad stuff I don't want my kids to see and that the comment section below is also full of trash. It's sort of like the trash heap for online videos.

I need to do a little investigating with Vimeo because I'm pretty sure I can create channels within my account also.

so can someone explain the benefits of vimeo vs. youtube and give some tips on the easiest way to not just put raw junk videos on either ? If i do attempt something I'd like to get rid of the wind noise and edit out the shaky parts, just a pet peeve of mine I don't wish to subject others to.

CCR said:
so can someone explain the benefits of vimeo vs. youtube and give some tips on the easiest way to not just put raw junk videos on either ? If i do attempt something I'd like to get rid of the wind noise and edit out the shaky parts, just a pet peeve of mine I don't wish to subject others to.

I don't know anything about Vimeo. I do believe Youtube has an online editor. Trim your video, add music, effects etc...
You may have an editor on your PC. Windows Movie Maker. I use Videopad.

CCR said:

I think Vimeo is geared more towards the professional film maker. The format that they offer seems to be more focused on quality than quantity.

Here's a quote from their site...

In 2004, Vimeo was founded by a group of filmmakers who wanted to share their creative work and personal moments from their lives. As time went on, likeminded people discovered Vimeo and helped build a supportive community of individuals with a wide range of passions. Today, millions of people from all around the world enjoy Vimeo, and we’re growing bigger every day. We hope this fun and friendly environment fuels your own creativity and inspires you to contribute to Vimeo in the ways that mean the most to you.

The overall design of their site is nicer than Youtube and way less cluttered. The focus is more on the actually video as opposed to trying to cram as many short video clips down your throat as possible.

Here's a good example of the level of video you get on Vimeo...

http://vimeo.com/37632787

I think many of the changes that you've seem in Youtube have come as a result of Vimeo's presence in the market.

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok did I miss something here? How did I get to be the talk topic, and am I going to
be a movie star....lets see where did I leave my tux. Will there be a red carpet
and everything?

Oh and I guess I could stretch my truck like this.
stretch.jpg

Or maybe like this
long.jpg

What is that? like a dodge A-100?
Thats a little red wagon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT8Obu9mH8Y

That was inspirational good video an subject if we coan put together something to that magnatude kustom cycles would take off

Rat Rod said:
CCR said:

I think Vimeo is geared more towards the professional film maker. The format that they offer seems to be more focused on quality than quantity.

Here's a quote from their site...

In 2004, Vimeo was founded by a group of filmmakers who wanted to share their creative work and personal moments from their lives. As time went on, likeminded people discovered Vimeo and helped build a supportive community of individuals with a wide range of passions. Today, millions of people from all around the world enjoy Vimeo, and we’re growing bigger every day. We hope this fun and friendly environment fuels your own creativity and inspires you to contribute to Vimeo in the ways that mean the most to you.

The overall design of their site is nicer than Youtube and way less cluttered. The focus is more on the actually video as opposed to trying to cram as many short video clips down your throat as possible.

Here's a good example of the level of video you get on Vimeo...

http://vimeo.com/37632787

I think many of the changes that you've seem in Youtube have come as a result of Vimeo's presence in the market.

aka_locojoe said:
Yeah I always assumed Vimeo was for the artsy fartsy types and youtube everyone else including me :lol:

Well, I fit about half of the Artsy Fartsy description...

My son has a Youtube channel and actually does a bit of video captive and editing (gameplay for the most part). I need to talk him into filming some of my bike stuff...

Back