RAT BIKE RODEO OCT 25 GALT CA pictures and videos MUST WATCH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CARBONPROOF OCT 25 NOR CAL MEMBER GATHERING

thanks i will make it worth your while. a note if anyone has hot rods feel free to bring them as well as i am in a club and have a few at the house as well. my 62 ranchero, and my new one the 50 shoebox. so here is what we got as of now

FIRST ANNUAL CARBONPROOF KUSTOM BICYCLE MEET
location: galt ca (just south of sacramento pm for directions)
date: october 25th 2009
time: all day but i will say it will start around 9:00 am and go till we get tired and need a nap.
events: totally informal show and shine bring your bike line them up and show em off. cruise into town which is about 5 miles away so figure around 15 miles total. (note if it is windy we might shorten the ride) some sort of swap meet might be done i say if ya got stuff bring it. other events tba, maybe slow drags, skid contest etc.... maybe even a band we will see.
food: i can suply some stuff but if everyone could bring something for the grill, maybe some chips, or drink that would really help out i am sorta poor lol.
if anyone wants to come up sat and camp out thats cool i got room bring a tent and have at it. any other ideas please say it i am doing this not really for myself but for you guys saying a sorta thanks for being a part of this i am just happy to be able to put something like this on. and who knows maybe we can get something going here for the future? thanks to all and tell your friends people who come out dont just have to be members of rat rod bikes all are welcome although i am not going to put flyers all over for it.

Re: CARBONPROOF OCT 25 galt ca nor cal MEMBER GATHERING

i dont blame you about not posting flyers.....
anyhow..am i still invited? no drama now? :p you know youre going to have to change it from carbonproof if theres going to be cars :p
cow **** crusade! :lol:

that can include cars too there are plenty of goofs out there slathering carbon fiber junk because it is cool. now we gotta come up with a cool slogan like billetproof does. i think their's is something like "billetproof is a car show for folks who build, and drive traditional style rods, kustoms, and bikes. no billet anything, no IFS on no fender cars (which they dont enforce lol) , no pastel painted fluff jobs named after 50's songs, no digital guages, drive wrench repeat.

karfer67 said:
that can include cars too there are plenty of goofs out there slathering carbon fiber junk because it is cool.
no IFS on no fender cars (which they dont enforce lol) ,
:lol: :lol: :lol: i never thought of it as in carbon fiber :lol: :lol: :lol:
and thats a rule i never understood at all..........why not just make it NO BAGS!!!! ohhhh wait....i guess peoples cars just dont look as cool with 3 1/2" of ground clearance at all times(guess ill be not allowed at the 'cool' car shows if i ever drive the caddy :wink: DARN :lol:

as a rule the car shows i have helped do in the past were super simple. yea it is mostly traditional stuff but if someone has a cool car that is a little later then who cares. if it is cool then its cool like your caddy. oh and u thought the carbon was talking about a car exhaust? come on what do you think i am going all green on ya and stuff?

Funny the carbon Sensor was thinking of didn't even cross my mind. Dual meaning makes the name even better.
I know this event shouldn't concern me being so far away but I do enjoy watching it take shape. I'm always interested in how others do their events.
This year is the 5th bike fest and I still don't have it down. Need any advice on what not to do holler :D .

good job Adam count me in ill bring some meat to cook and preitzals for my buddy Dillon i think this gives me a reason to fix the wagon Hahaha and ill need to bring a bike to ride

Carbonproof WoW that works on several different levels count me and the wife in and please feel free to ask for help if you need it. What do you think about some sort of obstacle course to ride at the high school, i'm sure you know how tough it can be to turn some of these cruisers at slow speeds. anyways count me and lori in. I will call the shop on tuesday to give you my number. Jim

just a note i am trying to get a band lined up they are full on rockabilly so we will see.

also been thinking of changing the name AGAIN. i sorta dig rat bike rodeo just because of the location. lots of good luck galt dust to go around.

RAT BIKE RODEO has a much more catchy ring to it i think, And it's gonna be held in the country with real weeds and dust oh i almost forgot live bugs. sounds like a blast. just my $.02

Re: RAT BIKE RODEO OCT 25 galt ca nor cal MEMBER GATHERING

ok i changed the name i think it is much more fitting. so now i think we need to set up some barrels out in the arena (yes i have one) and do some barrel racing on the bikes. i will make a trophy for that

Races around a horse track would be pretty funny on cruisers. I say go for it. (even f the horse track is a lunge ring or a field)

greg is making a special trophy not sure for what yet but it sounds really cool. i think andrea might make one too for best chick bike. still working on the first band but now i might be able to get another so we might have TWO.

well i can stick 1/2 pint out in the ring. then while riding a bike you have to rope it.

Back