Pay It Forward

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me stupid but what is it??

On Bike Forums they have a Pay It Forward thread where you give things away for the actual price of shipping. You don't trade, and you don't ask for things, you just give away. Some people even cover the ship cost if they are feeling especially generous.

It's understood that people should only take the item if they really want it, and are going to use it.

there used to be a pay it forward, wishlist type thread a while back but its been a long time since ive seen it around.

what are you looking for ?

Great idea! I got a set of Suntour ratcheting shifters if anyone wants or needs them. I'll try to get a pic later.

Thats awesome OSC, thanks!

There you have it Kats and Kittens, our first PIF!

Now let me see what I can digup...

It is already being done. But like alot of good deeds it has gone un-noticed. Pinche sent me a pair of pedals for shipping cost only.

I've also done pay it forward before, sent sinner4 some army metals for his armed forces build off bike. It's not about the money it's about the bikes!

I have an almost new set of 26 x 2.125 Kenda knobbies if anybody wants 'em.
tiresngrips002.jpg

tiresngrips003.jpg

cruisehard, how much on the shipping on those kendas to 47265 indiana? i would like them. :wink: i will be digging around in the garage to find some things. :wink:

murraymadman said:
cruisehard, how much on the shipping on those kendas to 47265 indiana? i would like them. :wink: i will be digging around in the garage to find some things. :wink:
Well, you're the first to request the tires so they're yours! The shipping shouldn't be much, you're just one state over. pm me your address.

scrumblero said:
I've got oodles of stuff.. this needs to be a wanted thread... :roll:

Or a "Free + Shipping" thread....

I think that it's a great idea!

I'm sending a 1982 Schwinn Predator frame/fork to rustyford5 @ cost of shipping!

Ok kids i'm in. I have a pair of 24" x 2.125 i think?? knobby muntain bike-ish tires that i'll send for the shipping price to somebody? I'll look at the exact size and figure out shipping tomorrow. Thanks, GANG!!!!!

cruisehard said:
Looking for grips, handlebar bags, tool bags, spikey axl nuts, some bullet valve caps... :mrgreen:

I got some nice Schwinn teardrop grips if you want them, black in color

Back