(ORBO) Dead Metal - Video Montage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Cool frame, but that is a lot of pitting! Are you sure it is an improvement over the other frame?

Not knocking it, just want the best result for you...

Luke.
Yeah, big difference. This frame is thick, and has been painted like this for quite a while, according to my friend Gary, and no rust has returned. He had it media blasted and he painted it. Pretty sure it is a Schwinn, the Rollfast had a thin frame, weighs a lot less, and is Swiss cheesed with pinholes. So the cantilever frame is now, DEAD METAL.

Carl.

Yeah, big difference. This frame is thick, and has been painted like this for quite a while, according to my friend Gary, and no rust has returned. He had it media blasted and he painted it. Pretty sure it is a Schwinn, the Rollfast had a thin frame, weighs a lot less, and is Swiss cheesed with pinholes. So the cantilever frame is now, DEAD METAL.

Carl.
Sweet!

Luke.

Well, I originally had an idea from a discussion in another thread last year to build a Zombie bike. Most thought of building a bike for the Zombie hunter, but I thought of the Zombie itself and with some crazy paint effects I believe I could build a bike that would make a Zombie the first think you thought of when you saw it.
The plan was to paint the frame in a nice satin bone color and to dry brush in some white connecting ligaments at the joints of the frame. The black insulating foam that is on the frame in many pics would be swapped out for a similar material in a pale pink, shredded on the ends and bloodied up to look like muscle. This would be applied on the top tube, the down tube and the seat tube. I have some other ideas wrapping the muscles in flannel or denim, and with some more strategic placement of red goo, the frame would have been finished.
But, in retrospect gore and guts just isn't what I want to build. Although I know I could still do this to a bike in the future, Dead Metal is still a cool name for bringing a trashed frame back to life. So I will be doing a rat build in flat black with some cool details.... Stay tuned.

Carl.

Want some fun? I'm seriously considering a "Chia" bike build too....

Merle. :crazy:

Got the flat black base coat on... no need for pics yet, it's black...
Got a crazy cool substitute for a headbadge...
Beadbrain Maraca. JB Welded on, paint and blend tomorrow,
got a cool weathering idea for it. Pictures of THAT soon.

Carl.

quick cell phone pic...
badge.jpg

Just painted, flat black is still wet and shiny.

Carl.

Agreed, looks molded in.
Gonna scare all the animals riding that through the woods.
That's what I was going for.
Gonna dry brush n buff some color in next maybe a graphite or silver.

Carl.

Back