On A Wimh (Yeah I know its not spelled right)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICE BIKE. HAVE FUN. GLAD YA CAME ABOARD...NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Excellent candidate bike. Tons of potential. All the best with your build,

Thanks for the encouragement!

Got some work done on On A Wimh... Most was pretty simple but I had a bit of trouble getting the headset apart thanks to a couple decades of midwest rust. I'm in sunny California, but a sticker on the seat tube read "Skokie, Ill." as this little pixie's hometown.

I cleaned up the reusable parts, got some paint stripper on the frame and scored some sweet 2.25" wide all white tires from the volunteer-run Community Bikes here in town to replace the solid rubber rear tire and rough-riding front rim? I will have to get the grinder in between the front forks to get the tire to fit :D This will be fun!

02 frame&fork by curlywolf, on Flickr

03 stripper at work by curlywolf, on Flickr

05 wheels by curlywolf, on Flickr

04 bearings by curlywolf, on Flickr

A Monday off of work allowed for a bit of fun.

I got the channels ground into the front forks to allow for the wider tires, got some paint on the homemade valve caps and decided on the front chaingear... The tiny original one is a 29t - I wanted to use a 52t from a 10 speed setup, but it hit the rear chainstay so I will use the smaller 39t from the same setup, along with the shield for looks.

06 fork mod by curlywolf, on Flickr

06 valve caps by curlywolf, on Flickr

06 cogs by curlywolf, on Flickr

Cool job so far. Liking the slammed seat and apes.

Not being too familiar with the pixie, can you tell me what size tyres they are?
cheers Jonnie

Yeah that's lookin' right! You gotta be one tough little kid to ride that thing!

The one I built for my nice was not quite so mean and nasty what with the training wheels and all. :roll:

Nice!

--Rob

Thanks Guys! I'm having fun with this.

The wheel size is 16inch, Jonnie. Kind of makes me feel like this guy. He even has the apes! haha

Bear_bike.gif

looks tough well done and thats a gear ratio if i ever saw one!!!

I'm diggin' this, those oversized tires make the bike look even smaller!

I really like this abnormal build. My main ride and what got me back into biking and tinkering with bikes are Dahon folding bikes.
Maybe I will try to see if it is possible to make a rat rod bike out of a vintage Dahon. Who knows?!!!

Back