OLDEST HOUSE ON RRB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
We all love old bikes. How about old houses? I saw that Tin Machine's house is over 100 years old. Who else has Norm Abram would be proud of?

My house will be be 140 years old next year. It was built in 1873.

How old is your house?

kingfish254 said:
We all love old bikes. How about old houses? I saw that Tin Machine's house is over 100 years old. Who else has Norm Abram would be proud of?

My house will be be 140 years old next year. It was built in 1873.

How old is your house?

Well you've gotta show pictures now, good sir.

Mine was only built in 1880

DSC05563croppedandsmall.jpg

My place was originally built as the farm hands house in 1918 across from the farm house when all of my town was nothing but a celery farm. Unfortunatly it burnt down in 1920. They dug a bigger foundation (still have the original in the basement) and built my place in 1924. Still had push button lights and electrical ran on isolaters when I moved in.

Here is my 1873 Savannah Row House, (and of course you all have seen plenty of photos of my wife's courtyard).

GA001Front2.jpg

Well......definitely not mine. :lol:

My current place was built in the 1940's or 1950's but the farmhouse I had in windfall was at least 150 years old but ready to fall down. It was white with asbestos siding :shock:

1904 here, similar to a basic sears kit house, the mine companies built up a few blocks for employees with families to rent. The supervisors usually ended up with the 2 story. Every house on my block used to have the same footprint as the one next to it. Its kind of cool to see what and where people added on to them over the years.

CCR said:
1904 here, similar to a basic sears kit house, s.
I was told mine is a kit house too. I bought the Sears kit home book, but didn't find mine in it.

Sent from my Casio. Wrist Watch.

kingfish254 said:
So far we have two pink houses as the oldest ones.

As John Cougar would say - Paint the Mutha Pink!!
:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP0l-H4tAik

Remember when MTV gave away the pink house?

I have old obsession. Wife .. pink near obsession. Our car:
03-30-05_1601.jpg

Not everyday of course. Her every day car is only 18 years old. We have classic Airstreams too. yes. plural. :oops:

thatismytruck said:
kingfish254 said:
So far we have two pink houses as the oldest ones.

As John Cougar would say - Paint the Mutha Pink!!
:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP0l-H4tAik

Remember when MTV gave away the pink house?

I have old obsession. Wife .. pink near obsession. Our car:
03-30-05_1601.jpg

Not everyday of course. Her every day car is only 18 years old. We have classic Airstreams too. yes. plural. :oops:

Skip, you have a T-Bird?! :shock: Nice! :mrgreen:

cman said:
CCR said:
1904 here, similar to a basic sears kit house, s.
I was told mine is a kit house too. I bought the Sears kit home book, but didn't find mine in it.

Yeah I got to looking too about the sears thing, Ours was too basic to start with to be desirable through mail order. The local history buffs think the railroad companies started selling them to the mine companies to best of their knowledge, but they believe it was basically a side gig for a railroad employee and not the actual railroad. The original foot print was 36 x28 including a 14 x 6 open front porch, no bath with 3 rooms and a chimney running through the center. You can tell where our house has been added onto about 4 times, usually adding a porch and then closing it in each time.

Sent this by giraffe ... on a jungle telegraph.

Nice t-bird! I had a pink car back in high school. 1967 mustang fastback in playboy pink with a bench seat up front. Rare color for that year and rare seat option. I'd have re-done it but couldn't bring myself to do it. Ended up trading it. Kicking myself ever since, probably the only one with those options.

CCR said:
The original foot print was 36 x28 including a 14 x 6 open front porch, no bath with 3 rooms and a chimney running through the center. You can tell where our house has been added onto about 4 times, usually adding a porch and then closing it in each time.

Sent this by giraffe ... on a jungle telegraph.

That sounds exactly like my house.

thatismytruck said:
Kingfish, digging the row house. Savannah is someplace I've always wanted to visit.

Thanks man. It took us 3 years to restore it while we lived in it.
You can see more of Savannah in the Neighborhood thread I started.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46460&hilit=+savannah

I love my house ,,even though it is not in my name, but I talked to the guy who originally remodeled it and it had newspaper stuffed in the walls dating it from the time Titanic Sank 3 bdr 2 bth, my favorite part is the porch and the weeping willow. And of course the garage.
101_9625.jpg

Back