BO15 Nouveau Style (previously Shop-rod)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh these handlebars are bringing me to tears!
I'm never, ever, ever doing a foam covered, diameter changing, bendy handlebar again!
Oh except the other side!

Here's the pattern I'm getting, sort of a bit "fishbone"

DSC_1971.JPG

The black thread is helping disguise any "discrepancies" lol

I think the stitching is cool, really like the new stitch pattern! Hey, you will have a set of bars that nobody (I think?) else is doing. That is TRuE RaT !

Oh these handlebars are bringing me to tears!
I'm never, ever, ever doing a foam covered, diameter changing, bendy handlebar again!
Oh except the other side!

Here's the pattern I'm getting, sort of a bit "fishbone"

View attachment 123978

The black thread is helping disguise any "discrepancies" lol
You have more patience and skill than me! This looks even better than the first try, and I thought you did great on that.

That inner tube finishing touch is amazing! Must have been a skinny road bike tube.

I have some leather left, so I'm thinking about the saddle.

Now what to do with it?

DSC_1999.JPG
DSC_2000.JPG

The Mrs has a pretty good sewing machine, I wonder..... Maybe I'll wait until she's out before I have a go! Otherwise she'll be standing over my shoulder tutting and getting impatient with me, like when I try typing on a keyboard! Lol

The leftover leather isn't big enough to recover the whole seat. So I'm going to cut it down a little. Sporty like!
DSC_2001.JPG

I have some leather left, so I'm thinking about the saddle.

Now what to do with it?

View attachment 124514View attachment 124515

The Mrs has a pretty good sewing machine, I wonder..... Maybe I'll wait until she's out before I have a go! Otherwise she'll be standing over my shoulder tutting and getting impatient with me, like when I try typing on a keyboard! Lol
I think there's a difference between typing and poking . I can poke with the best of them !

Nice work with the machine, and that 'sporty ' job turned out great!

Great stichery on the bars and the saddle.

Back